Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PETA OR PATHETIC (piog)

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

PETA has gone to far with their new billboard stating "Save The Whales, Lose blubber: go vegetarian." This is displayed with an overweight woman in a bikini on a beach. What message is this sending? "The only way to be thin is to be a vegetarian?" How do these people know what people suffering with weight issues eat on a daily basis? I have seen people who are vegetarians, who are not thin! Just as I have seen a thin/physically fit person consume more meat in a week then some in a month. Is it not enough the cruel gestures and words that over weight people hear on a daily basis, now it is hanging over our heads for all those cruel people giving them more to go on. Americans talk every day on the issues of race, sexuality, religion and gender. How it is wrong to discriminate against these, yet what makes this sign not discrimination? We have no idea how each person lives their daily life. That is why we have laws preventing this from occuring, so we as people are treated equal and if not consequences occur. I have no issues with what PETA is trying to accomplish. It is great that they wish to save animals in this world. But the fact is, it is natural for animals to eat animals. We are animals, even if some may think not. Animals are going to suffer in the wild via their other predators as well. I do not agree with some of the ways meat, makes it to our plate. Some animals are tortured and it is not right. Animals end up dying either way, just as we end up dying in this world. Animals hunt, just as we hunt. A person body weight does not show they "hunt" anymore or less. I am an overweight person, yes I do eat meat but not very often. And most of my friends have witnessed this. I worked for a fast food restaurant, where I very rarely ate the meat. I was asked several times if I was a vegetarian. No, I am not. I do enjoy meat, just not all the time. You see my problems with weight have nothing to do with the "meat" I consume. It has everything to do with the carbohydrates and starches. Actually I have been on a few diets where I was suggested to eat more meat, and I hated it. I have suffered from the cruelty of people with my weight even when I was thin. I was overweight in middle school, lost the weight, was a beautiful thin woman. Yet I was still criticized by those same people from middle school over weight that I did not carry anymore. Now, after having a child I am again overweight. And again as I have stated, NOT because of meat! So again, the world only looks at me for my weight and not who I am. Well, everyone except some of my family. I am sick of the world thinking they know what a person should do for themselves. I also saw a debate on this subject and wish I could remember the host. This host used it as a way to promote her book on how she lost weight, and her diet. Sorry, Hun, I would never buy your book and hope others agree. Weight is not always affected by diet, which science is coming to discover. Some people have health issues and being overweight is a symptom. Why, in this world do we have to conform to an ideal, if everyone is different. You look at me and see fat, someone else looks at me and sees beauty. And instead of that being okay, the one who sees that beauty is wrong to most people. I would love to be thin again, but to the world it never/nor will it ever matter because I will always be fat to them. If PETA needs to bully people to get there point across, then PETA is a joke! I will never be the person America wants me to be and that has done many things to my confidence. I am okay with that now and with the support of my family and my drive I will learn to love it. If you agree with me that PETA went to far with this bulletin board please pass my story. I do not care to fight them on it, nor do I think anyone will listen. But I do hope that people do agree that it is wrong, and hope that more will tell there story to prove that this statement they made is wrong. Meat did not make me fat! Please pass this along and feel free to add your views

Jennifer
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kj21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Not a fan of peta. to be honest i hate them!  Ok im a hunter and  eat everything i shoot. So there for its used for food so what is wrong  with feeding my family? Ok they say animals are living things but aren't plants too? So whats the differents?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
jroseh68
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Thank you, I meant to put that in my statement but somewhere in the ramble missed it.  I def agree that plants are alive as well so there is no dfference.

Jennifer
canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I pretty much hate PETA. Save the whales?!?! Yeah that makes someone want to lose weight. *sarcasm intended*

Makes me want to run out and buy a fur coat!

kj21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Let put this don't let my husband see this thread everyone will get a ear full he hates peta he has a sticker on his truck of calvin peeing on peta! I'll have to get a pic!

kj21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:24 PM

PETA- People Eating Tasty Animals

canthaveboys1
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Quoting kj21:

PETA- People Eating Tasty Animals

ROFLMFAO!!!

kj21
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I know right! lol

jroseh68
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM

bump Come on Ladies, voice your opinion!

Jennifer
jroseh68
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I found the debate I am talking about in this post and here it is.

Jennifer
LiChanelsMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)