Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forgot to tell me she died?? Vent

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

Please someone tell, how in the hell do you forget to tell someone their Nanny died? I just got off the phone with my mother, who I had phone conversations with all day. Then at 11 oclock at night she decides to call me back and tell me "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Nanny Gail died at 9 this morning."

Nanny Gail is a person, she was like an adopted grandma to me. She was mental disabled and had mentally was like a big kid. I use to go have sleep overs at her house and dress her up like she was a doll. She was always a part of my life and always pushed me to try my best at everything.

This isn't like when my Grandpa Bill (Nanny's father), my adopted grandpa passed at the same time I was delivering my oldest son. I can understand why they waited to tell me then.

My mother hasn't been doing anything all day except calling me with ridiculous bullshit. Then right as I'm getting ready to go to bed she calls me and says it like Nanny was a plant she didn't water.

I knew Nanny was going to pass this week, last Saturday the Dr. said she would probably only make another four days. I'm just in shock right now. I love my mother but some times I want to shake the shit out of her.

Please don't bash my mother or mind my grammer. I'm just trying to vent.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BrunetteMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:34 PM

i'm very sorry for your loss

possummom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:36 PM

wow....even if she was not family...sorry for your loss. i have people in my life who have pretty much adopted my kids at their grandkids. your mom sounds a little flakey. alot like my aunt micki. not meaning anything bad about it. just the only word i know to describe it.

JGLeagones
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Wow

That sucks

I remember when I was a CHILD, my mother kept my great grandfathers death from me b/c we were on vacation at the time..

But you are an adult, thats kinda weird

How`s my pregnancy doing?

Blinkie Text Generator at TextSpace.net
jakjasjon
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Unfortunately my mom is flakey, I could lie and say most of it is the medicine she is on but she has been this way all of my life. Always a great mom but her memory has been in and out for years. I just don't understand she can remember if someone burrowed a nickel in 1981 but forget something like this.

Quoting possummom:

wow....even if she was not family...sorry for your loss. i have people in my life who have pretty much adopted my kids at their grandkids. your mom sounds a little flakey. alot like my aunt micki. not meaning anything bad about it. just the only word i know to describe it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)