Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Savannah, GA and PCB, FL anyone?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

I'm going on a romantic weekend in October. We're leaving Friday and driving to Savannah, Georgia and spending the night and then driving to Panama City Beach, Florida and staying the night and then driving home. We live in Alabama. Anyone know anything about these places? I've never been to savannah before and i'm very excited. thanks!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Army_Wife319
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I've only been through Savannah, but the little bit I know about it is that The Lady & Son's restaurant is THE place to eat (it's Paula Deen's restaurant - I don't know if you watch Food Network or not, but she's on there and it's just awesome, good southern cooking). But, that may or may not be the place for you on a romantic weekend - you have to stand in line usually, for a while, to get in, so it depends on what you're up for.

Here are some basic things/places you could check out that are known for "romance":

Savannah is one of the most romantic places in Georgia. The history and tradition of the south come together in this eclectic city just 18 miles from the Atlantic. It's a great weekend escape from the rat-race...

Historic Savannah, GA Soak up the flavor of old Savannah by a horse-drawn carriage ride, or check into a boat cruise on the Savannah river nearby. The Historic district is where you'll find interesting shops and cafes, and romantic Savannah restaurants like the Olde Pink House (23 Abercorn Street, 912-232-4286). You can also reserve a boat cruise on the Savannah River nearby.

For a very romantic bed and breakfast in Savannah, the elegant & comfortable 1895 Inn is a small Victorian home tucked away in the heart of the historic district. (You'll fall in love with all the luxury amenities, including afternoon wine & hors d’oeurves!)

silence68shh
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM

sounds great! Thanks so much!

acakes
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM

In Savannah you can walk around with your beer or cocktail out in the streets, shopping whatever time or day.  I don't drink often, but my husband and I were there in May and I made sure I walked around with my alcohol a few times, just because I could.  I loved it.  I hope you have a great time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)