Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

soy / goat milk

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 194 Total Views

my one year old gets extremly constipated with whole milk. i tried fruits but i think she is lactose intolerant. do you suggest soy milk or goats milk?? i was thinking soy milk.. and do i still give no more than 24 oz with soy milk?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ashleywilkerson
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:36 PM

my daughter had that issue and still does off and on i tried all the soy and lactose milks and none worked i tried the goat milk and it worked great but due to the fact i cant afford what the store wants and theres only one place in town that sells it i just had to work it out with giving her the lactose but once a day and made the rest up with cheese and yogart.

Baby4us09
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Maybe rice milk if she really needs something. I don't know anything about it except for that I saw it in the supermarket. I have given it to my kids and they loved it. They say it is sweet. Or you can just supplement her diet with cheeses , yogarts, anything that will give her her daily calcium intake.  Best of luck..Suggest you see a nutritionist. They can help a lot.

cburke7803
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:48 PM

If the choice is between soy and goat's milk, I would go with the goat. It is digested easier and may help with the constipation

jjessers
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I've never known lactose intolerance to cause constipation...it's normally the other way around...gives ya the runs...w/ very bad cramping...I had it after my oldest was born. My grandmother also had it.

I suggest you do research on SOY....

My youngest can not tolerate cows milk....he was drinking Soy...I am now looking for alternatives do to the  "phyto estrogens"  in Soy

workin_mamma
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM

when i was a baby the only thing i could drink was goats milk, i would digest soy or milk. so in my opinion i would do goats milk. but thats just my opinion and not my child. i would do what i thought was best for my child and i think goats milk is best for my child, if i had to make that decision

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)