Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

I dont know if its because i am so young, pregnant, or that i stay home but i am having such a hard time understanding how they are gone all the time and ok with it. Like my hubby got promoted to Cement Service Supervisor and he said he wouldnt be working as much when he got promoted but HE STILL WORKS THE SAME. I understand he is working to support our family, home, and to make a good life for us but hes not in it it seems. 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tffnymltn0718
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Girl I am 28 with 5 kids and I stay home to.  I don't know how old your babies are, but I have found that them being gone gets a little easier as the kids get a little older.  It was really, really hard when the twins were babies because I didn't feel like I had anybody at all to talk to other than the kids.  Mine are 12, 8, 6, 3, and 3 now and I have to say that it is getting a little better!

I wish you the best of luck in getting used to it.  If you need a shoulder I got one!  If you have yahoo messenger I can give you my sn and we can talk there if you want!

lizzy.leigh
by Member on Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM
Aw I know it's hard and it's so stressful when you have little kids. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old and my husband works on the rigs. He's been gone 2 months this hitch cause he's filling in to pay off debt. It's great that you remember that he's out there to support your family cause it will make it easier. I found that it was easier having him away when I had kids!! When I didn't I was so lonely and bored but my kids keep me running and we have so much fun all day that now it's way harder on him then me. By the time I get them both to sleep I'm so grateful for the quiet and then I'm ready for bed! Having him away while your pregnant and first have your baby will be the hardest I bet. Is this your first? I struggled at first but we have a great routine now and I could never go back to him working in Calgary, coming home at 630 when I'm trying to frantically make dinner and
Get the kids ready to
Be bathed and into bed and then he wants to catch up but were both exhausted and it was so hard to have that quality time. I always felt so rushed. Now everytime
I'm upset about him gone I think about the way it was and just look forward to when he's home and we get a full week straight <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Alva
by Member on Aug. 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Thanks ladies! 

This is my 3rd baby! :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)