• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Public or homeschooling

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 166 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Hey everybody I am struggling so
Much with this decision and anybody that has any advice would be amazing!!! I never thought I would do homeschooling at all and lately
I have been hearing so much about how home schooled kids are actually more social and aware than others as long as you are active in activities. I have been hearing so many horror stories about public school it really freaks me out. I loved school, sailed through it and had a million friends but I also barely learned a thing and still have no real education beyond high school. All my friends who did amazing in school and university hates school and begged their parents to take them
Out. I don't want to put my
Children in a place where they are expected to learn the same and bullying is at large lately. I don't feel like bullying helps
Kids fit into the real world because it's usually over in high school and the effects of it last forever. At the same
Time I don't want my kids
To miss out! My husband works on the rigs and our dream is to travel all
Over and have our kids learn about the world and do school on the way. I'm torn about what is best for my kids. I have thought about private school but they are pretty strict on missing school and if info
Go the public route I'll be taking them traveling through out the year for sure. Any experience in this would
Be amazing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
-Texas-Mommy-
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Private school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shyeene
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 3:56 AM

I homeschool and I love it.  Here in Alaska, home school is more of the norm any way so there is a ton of other kids that home school and plenty of activities for home schoolers to do.  The best part is that when your hubby is off, you can load up the kids and their computers and books and take off to any where your heart desires.  You are not held back because they have school.  And if you can travel which you are talking about doing, you have an even richer learning environment than any school can provide.  We did the public school route for many years and we just did not have a good experience.  Kids are cruel, bullying was rampant and we didn't feel that the school was able to meet our children's needs.  My kids are much happier now being home and having me home with them.  And I know that I am much happier no longer working in corporate America and being able to watch my children grow up.  I realize it is not for everyone, but I love being a home schooling mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)