Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stocking Up on Prescription Medications?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

How would a person go about stocking up on their prescription medications?  As it stands right now, the pharmacy will not refill our medications until we are one week away (at most) from the refill date.  I was just curious if anyone knew of a way to do so.  I have heard to order online from the overseas pharmacies, but I'm not so sure that I would trust them....I dunno that that would be a very good idea.  Any suggestions from others that require prescription meds?  Of note, we have prescriptions for several types of tablets, inhalers, and insulin (the only type that requires refrigeration).  I am quite well stocked on the syringes and alcohol pads, as well as blood sugar testing strips, as they do not require a prescription.  It's just the actual meds themselves that has me concerned at the moment, as if something were to happen I just do not know what we would do without our medications. 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
michiganmom116
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Insurance usually won't pay.  Also, most prescription meds, like any other drug, have an expiration date.  If you don't have the original container, you won't know what the expiration date is. 

I'm in the same spot.  I have prescription meds that can only be filled about every 4 weeks and I cannot stock up.

Melodee0119
by Group Admin on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I have never tried so I don't know but next time you go to the doctor ask them and maybe they can write an additional perscription if you tell them what you want to do.  I doubt you will be able to stock more than a month extra. And Insurance might not cover it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)