Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woo Hoo... our garden is growing!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

went out to weed (since my dad came to help me with some... because being 3.5 month preggers he thought he would help)

low and behold... there are FOUR good sized green bell peppers out there... oh they smelled SO good picked and in the house!

we also had 4 small, but yummy tomaters from our patio mater plant.  they did have a bit of 'black' on the bottom... forget what my dad called it, but it's from not enough water... but cut the black off and the girls had maters with dinner... still WARM from the afternoon sun!

checked and we have around 25 more maters between our patio and garden plants... at least 4 more green peppers that should be 'ready' in a few days...

we've had a grand total of 5 whole raspberries... but not bad from new plants...

our apple tree has one fist sized apple that's starting to look good... the trees are only 3 years old so i wasn't planning on good sized fruit... but this one is nice...

and... drum roll please... i counted 50 cherry maters on our cherry mater plants!

i'll have to post pics of our 'mini harvest' today... i was just so happy to get anything!

our peas are  nearly waste high, and the beans are HUGE too!

can't wait to share our "bounty" with you all!

PROUD OWNER OF...
baby/toddler coupons and more! - coupons, trading, and deals!
gmums - for moms who use or want to use gdiapers!
ddh developmental dysplasia of the hip
 - kids or parents with ddh!
moms against cow's milk - no cows milk for us!
money saving mamas - your one stop shop!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
fallnangel93
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:34 AM

Oh you are so lucky! I have one very small cucumber on my cucumber plants so far...a lot of flowers, so I expect more. I have no green beans yet, my onions pretty much bit the dust, and I may get a few good carrots. My tomatoe plants are just pathetic right now...It has been way to hot and way too little rain here for the garden this year. I am hoping the tomatoes actually come back to life a little after this week, it's supposed to rain all week :) I think a lot of my issues have to do with the fact I couldn't plant anything until late because of frost.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

teekaroo
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Sounds like it's doing great!  I was able to harvest two little summer squashes yesterday, but other than that, we're still in the flower stage.  My cherrie tomato is looking good, so hopefully I'll be eating some soon.

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Way to go

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

smalltowngal
by Head Admin on Jul. 14, 2010 at 7:03 AM

Congrats. I have to see what we have sometime today. I can't wait to start getting more tomatoes. I have a bunch of green but I've only had a handful of red cherry tomatoes so far. 

Merlyn0526
by Member on Jul. 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM

so glad your garden is growing. congrats. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)