Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry I'm Late - February Food Storage Goals!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 487 Total Views

SORRY!!!  I didn't mean to forget.  :)  So what are your food storage goals for February?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boymomKristen
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I am trying to come up with different dinner ideas that I can make entirely out of my food storage.  I want to come up with at least 12 and then slowly buy 30 of each of the dinners so that I have a years supply of dinners my family is used to eating.  What else can you guys think of besides spaghetti?

MissRobn
by Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Quoting boymomKristen:

I am trying to come up with different dinner ideas that I can make entirely out of my food storage.  I want to come up with at least 12 and then slowly buy 30 of each of the dinners so that I have a years supply of dinners my family is used to eating.  What else can you guys think of besides spaghetti?

Tuna and noodle casserole? I use a can of cream of chicken soup (others use cream of celery or cream of mushroom), tuna, egg noodles, milk (evap or dry, reconsituted) and bread crumbs.

Melodee0119
by Group Admin on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM
When we get our taxes we are going to put in a large order. We pretty much have a years supply of basics now we are trying to make it yummier and last longer. I also keep my pantry and freezer pretty well stocked but I don't really consider that part of my year. I also need to reload up on tp I have been forgetting to resupply
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boymomKristen
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I  hadn't thought of tuna casserole.  I will add that to my list.  Has anyone ever used powdered eggs reconsituted?  Are they any good?  If so I could add ham fried rice to my list and use spam if I need to in an emergency.

kimmykim
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Quoting boymomKristen:

I  hadn't thought of tuna casserole.  I will add that to my list.  Has anyone ever used powdered eggs reconsituted?  Are they any good?  If so I could add ham fried rice to my list and use spam if I need to in an emergency.

I personally don't like to eat the powdered eggs straight up for breakfast, but I think they would be really good in fried rice.  They are also great to use in recipes like pancakes and other stuff like that. 

kimmykim
by Group Owner on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:32 PM

My goal this month is to go shopping when we get our tax refund back.  Our food storage is really low.  I need to make an order with honeyville grain and I also would like to go to the cannery.  I also need to go to Costco and stock up on TP and paper towels and other basic day-to-day things.  Then I want to organize everything!

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Quoting MissRobn:

Quoting boymomKristen:

Tuna and noodle casserole? I use a can of cream of chicken soup (others use cream of celery or cream of mushroom), tuna, egg noodles, milk (evap or dry, reconsituted) and bread crumbs.

That sounds yummy and I think cvs has tuna 2/$1 lol.What is ham fried rice?

boymomKristen
by Member on Feb. 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Quoting MissRobn:

Quoting boymomKristen:

You cook your rice and then you add in different veggies (I usually do corn, peas and onions), then cubed pieces of ham (we have used spam before and my family likes it), and scrambled eggs.  You fry it all up and add some butter and soy sauce.  I make a huge batch when I do it because my husband loves leftovers.

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Quoting boymomKristen:

Quoting sassymomntx1961:

Quoting MissRobn:

Quoting boymomKristen:

You cook your rice and then you add in different veggies (I usually do corn, peas and onions), then cubed pieces of ham (we have used spam before and my family likes it), and scrambled eggs.  You fry it all up and add some butter and soy sauce.  I make a huge batch when I do it because my husband loves leftovers.

Sounds good except onions and the spam lol.What is the recipie?

Melodee0119
by Group Admin on Feb. 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Quoting kimmykim:

Quoting boymomKristen:

I personally don't like to eat the powdered eggs straight up for breakfast, but I think they would be really good in fried rice.  They are also great to use in recipes like pancakes and other stuff like that. 

I to am not a big fan of the eggs straight up but if it is mixed with things they are not bad. I also do 1/2 and 1/2  a l1/2 real eggs and the other half powdred. But I do use them in everything baking. Especiallly cookie dough because then I don't have to worry about my dd eating a gallon of it:) Also they taste good in breakfast casseroles

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)