Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

August goals

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:16 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 404 Total Views
oops we skipped a konth:)

I have a challenge i want you to make a guess as to how much food you have and ow long it will last with out counting:) just so you verbilize where you are. Then if you have time actually inventory everythin to find out where you are
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melodee0119
by Group Admin on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:19 AM
I know we have a year supply of wheat as we just bought 20 5 gallon bucets and we had some before. We could live for a year but now we are trying to get to where we can live well for a year. I also want to have a storage for six people ultimately even though we are a family of three.
fallnangel93
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM

There are many things that I have stored for a year, but somethings I am running low on, so that is what my goal for August is, to try to get some of those things stocked up. I also need to start focusing on non food items again this month, since due to finances, I had to use a lot of what we had stored up in that department.

ahortiz5
by on Aug. 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM

well i worked my stockpile, and will probably add more cans, or pasta to it.  Its almost at a year i think... I got alot of water, juice for the kids.. I could proably get more water, cause i think the water might run out quickly.... I got plenty of pasta, rice ,beans... BUt gonna add more..... my dh stops me when i try to buy food for stockpiling.... he says we have enough... I did get lanterns and oil, and some candels.. Need more oil and candles.. Gonna go to the dollar store, to pick up more.....................our ac hasnot been working, so we have to think about, what if we dont have elec.... or the water doesnot turn on, we will manage some how, God will help us... he will be there with us...he will give us strength....

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2011 at 1:51 AM

I dont have anywhere enough to last a mo. right now.We were on vacation last week of June and 1st week of July and then dd went to her dads for the rest of July and through this next weekend.I got a 4x4 freezer now and Im going to see if There is a way or how much a 1/4-1/2 cow and pig would be.We're on pa and I want to make sure I buy good healthy food as much as possible since its a blessing.I have been thinking of getting a sams card for 1 yr to see if it would be worth the price of the member ship.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Whatkids
by Member on Aug. 4, 2011 at 7:37 AM

I think that our food would only last one month. We have looked hard at it and despite our best efforts we eat too much for it to last long. :(

rivercharm
by on Aug. 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Less than a month :( I did however just join Sams club a month ago and think we can stok pile quicker by buying in bulk.. we are working on it...

mom2aspclboy
by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM

We have been living off of our food storage for several months now, so I know it needs some serious help.  I have started restocking it again bit by bit, so I know there are some things I have at least a 6 month supply of left, while there are other things I have nothing left :(

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Quoting rivercharm:

Less than a month :( I did however just join Sams club a month ago and think we can stok pile quicker by buying in bulk.. we are working on it...

Thats what I was thinking of doing at least 1 yr to see if its worth it.

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

kimmykim
by Group Owner on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:16 AM

We could go probably 5 months eating like we do now and maybe 8 months if we really stretched things out.

kgalvano
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:33 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)