Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

September goals!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 344 Total Views
Ok i want to get this group active again:) so i am going to post monthly goals.

Please share what yours are. It can be small or large.

I figured we would do by the end of september to give everyone a chance to get started

My goals:) to get more involved in food storage/emergency prepardness again i have been lazy
Also to finish cleaning/irganizing my storage room
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hipmomto3
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to have 1/3 of my 3 month supply stored, so 30 breakfasts/lunches/dinners. I think that's do-able by the end of September. :)

seashel8600
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM
My goal is paper products, toilet paper, female products, that sortbof stuff. Also i want to get my yard cleared, we just moved here, so i can organize for planting come spring.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I have another girl "coming of age" so I need to make some more pads & pantiliners.  My goal is to have those done by the end of September.

This month (August), our goal is to learn how to use a ham radio and get certified locally.

Neither of those is specifically food related, but our 3 month supply is finished & we've got a huge portion of our long-term storage already taken care of.

My food-specific goal is to make one new item in my small appliances a week.  For this month, I've been focusing on breads so that I don't have to heat my entire house up in the summer.  I had no idea before this month that you could make bread in a roaster & in the crockpot.  (I have done it in a breadmaker & toaster oven before.)  My reason for using small appliances is that they're a ready cooking source so long as we've got solar power.  They utilize much less power than a big oven & are safer to store than lots of propane.

Melodee0119
by Group Admin on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM
I love all of your ideas
veggiegirl25
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:38 AM
1. Start over!!!!!! (we went through a really bad financial period and relied on our storage.)
2. Organize storage room to make it functional! ( we moved to a new state, so unpacking mess!)
3. Purchase water (as much as possible)
4. Update weekly purchase lists
5. Shop sells to get SOMETHING on the shelves!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/clothdiapersrule

I am a Christian who loves to hang clothes out, cloth diaper, make deodorant,bake, store food,knit, and clean my house with homemade cleaners. Working in my garden, taking care of my chickens, cows, and pigs help me to become self-sufficent. I love finding ways to make my two acres into a farm...living the life I want...priceless.

moneysaver6
by Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM

You can do it!  We've had to start over before.  It's frustrating to know you're starting from scratch again, but I felt like we were doing it with renewed perspective having learned from our experience.

Quoting veggiegirl25:

1. Start over!!!!!! (we went through a really bad financial period and relied on our storage.)
2. Organize storage room to make it functional! ( we moved to a new state, so unpacking mess!)
3. Purchase water (as much as possible)
4. Update weekly purchase lists
5. Shop sells to get SOMETHING on the shelves!

annabelle125
by New Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Get more organized with my storage-- right now I'm buying/storing with a rough plan but it is taking on a willy nilly kind of feel.

Finish up my 2nd month supply and get my 3rd month started.

Get some long term storage items in

Continue water storage...(ongoing......)

That might be it for now

Anne

catrig
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Reorganize pantry

Take inventory

Have at least one item completely stocked

SnowPrincessDec
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I need more water and too keep stocking up on food and I'm going to get meds for the winter months like cough drops, cold meds, stuff like that :)

bryncalyn
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I am starting from scratch. So I have to figure out a) what we need for storage b) where to store it and c) start storing.

Any clues on how to figure out what to store? I don't want to store things (like anchovies) that we wouldn't eat. I also need to know how to store things (like grits and oatmeal) for a year's worth of storage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)