Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok i want to get this group active again:) so i am going to post monthly goals.

Please share what yours are. It can be small or large.

I figured we would do by the end of september to give everyone a chance to get started

My goals:) to get more involved in food storage/emergency prepardness again i have been lazy
Also to finish cleaning/irganizing my storage room
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Replies (11-15):
laurag8707
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 8:00 PM

My goal is to get my storage completely up to par it is seriousally lacking really. I need to stock up on everything really

Dianne1259
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM

you can go to http://www.lds.org/ and there is a food calculator there and it has a guide that you can use to determine what you will need to store.  As long as your food storage is in cans/containes that won't allow moisture or pests in, you will be good to go.   

Quoting bryncalyn:

I am starting from scratch. So I have to figure out a) what we need for storage b) where to store it and c) start storing.

Any clues on how to figure out what to store? I don't want to store things (like anchovies) that we wouldn't eat. I also need to know how to store things (like grits and oatmeal) for a year's worth of storage.

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I need to make a meal plan for as many meals as I can that I know me and dd will eat.That way I can start stocking up thoses items.

Make a 72 hr pack in a tote that I can put in my truck if we need to leave quickly

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

eniarrol75
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Food storage

This is my current pantry. I go to the store every week?

How do i get started guys?
My goal for Sept is to get a plan.

Help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiegirl25
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Update!!!!!
1. Dehydrated 5 pints of basil, purchased extra sugar, and a few "convienece" muffin mixes (just add water.)
2. Um..........October goal???!
3. Picked up 48 (16oz) bottles.
4. Still working on....hopefully completed in a few more days.
5. Picked up 3 extra kleenexes, 6 extra bar soap, 1 extra dish soap and 1 massive pack of TP. I also picked up 2 of the boys bubble bath.

Although I'm not anywhere where I want to be, I feel progress was made and that's what matters. I did clean out the boys closet and after purging the small clothes, reorganized how they used it. I then was able to leave the top shelf empty which inspired me to "fill" it up!!!! I am imagining toilet paper and paper towels!!!!!!

Quoting veggiegirl25:

1. Start over!!!!!! (we went through a really bad financial period and relied on our storage.)

2. Organize storage room to make it functional! ( we moved to a new state, so unpacking mess!)

3. Purchase water (as much as possible)

4. Update weekly purchase lists

5. Shop sells to get SOMETHING on the shelves!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN