Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Necessity in your storage

Posted by   + Show Post

What is the one thing that is a necessity to you in your storage??

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Replies (11-18):
othermom
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:50 PM

tuna, rice, pasta, cereal, granola bars

othermom
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I really need more water and water purification stuff

Quoting Dianne1259:

AFTER WATER, WATER, WATER . . .

TP, Soaps and Bleach!  (at this point I am totally depleated since my DH - WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN ALL THIS HOKEY STUFF -  has been sick and we haven't had any income, but that will change as I start to restock soon)

If we are talking food, I have several hundred lbs of wheat, some sugar (can always use more) about 100# of beans (but want about 50# of lentils and other beans) I have 100lbs of dry milk and 50lbs of potato pearls, I need more rice (I want about 100lbs) and more canned tomatoes, fruits, broths etc. . .

OIL!!  I need to learn to rotate it more quickly, but it's important to have

shampoo, shower soap, deodorant, (for 4 people who all like somthing different!) razors, mini pads for me

Necha
by Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I would have to say rice and pasta, and also spaghetti sauce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workathome1
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM

water

foreverb3
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

For me it is pasta, canned tomatoes and puree, tuna, canned chicken, TP, napkins and paper towels, and toothpaste, soap and deodarant.  Oh, and bleach.  Lots and lots of bleach........

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Rice, pasta, can fruit and pasta sauce.
moneysaver6
by Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this

An important thing to remember when stocking water is to also stock flavoring of some sort. 

Quoting othermom:

I really need more water and water purification stuff

Quoting Dianne1259:

AFTER WATER, WATER, WATER . . .

Pollymom
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Quoting hipmomto3:

Sun Butter, coconut oil, canned chicken and tuna.

I need to work more on the non-food stuff, but WHERE to store that??? Like toilet paper or maxi pads... if I put it in the garage I'm afraid it will encourage chewing mice to invade. We don't have a basement. That kind of stuff just takes up a lot of space (a lot more space than food). 

Oh, and an axe. We just bought a really nice one. If we need to cut down trees for fuel, or, well, you just never know when you might need an axe! :)

Under the beds? I told my husband that we need a bed frame with risers so we can start stashing our non-food storage under the bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)