Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New freezer/Jealous people

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

I got a new upright freezer for my birhtday in September. happyOur little chest freezer was too small. I sold it cheap to a lady I knew that really wanted one. Anyway, when I shop, I use coupons. I do well, especially with HEB here but need to put more effort into it. I get strange even mean looks. Hey, if I find a great price and stock up (and have coupons for that item) and don't take everything, that is being wise and planning ahead. If I saved $70 from my coupons that I print and match up and my kids love to clip...yea for my family. Don't be a hater. So, the other week I bought 8 packs of fresh chicken breasts for 99 cents a pound. It cost less than the frozen, taste better and larger portions. I separated have to make 4 extra meals. Anyway, really, why should someone look at me as if I stole? There was plenty left for the whole city.  (ok, exaggeration)  I did not buy much beef because it was not on sale and I like to wait for a sale. Part of what is wrong with our society, people want want but don't want to put effort into saving and are envious of others. Ok, finished with mini vent.

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Merlyn0526
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

That happens to me too. I even had a person "tell" a walmart worker on me because she thought I was taking too many of an item. Seriously? The worker said, "anyone can buy as much as they want. we can't control how much they purchase." I was floored that someone would do that though. 

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM

They always have more in back anyway. I did not know this was going to show up on my FB page. haha

laurag8707
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Trust me it happens to me all the time but I just keep on trucking. I mean why should I worry about what they are thinking? They dont come to my house or have to worry about a struggling time or anything. Really I just feel sorry for them cause they most likely dont know how to save how we do!!

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM

we rock

hipmomto3
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I'm sure none of you are like this, but I've seen people on that show 'Extreme Couponers' or whatever, and if I got stuck in line behind someone like those people, I'd be ticked! But that's just because their checkout time is like 4,000 times longer than a normal person's. I'd just have to find a different line to stand in. But I'd never get mad if someone was taking a lot of something. 

I know at Aldi, they now have a sign that you can only buy 10 gallons of milk at a time, and 10 dozen eggs at a time, because people were really stocking up on those. But even 10 gallons is a LOT! You'd need a huge freezer or an enormous family to need more than 10 gallons at a time.

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM
YWe dont have Aldi's here. I did shop there in IL. On Extreme Couponing, I think the people next in line just want to be on tv. I am sure oth
er lanes are open and the stores arenotified in advance.
MaskedMomma
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I would be jelous but only because I still don't have a freezer (other then the one attached to the fridge) so I'm limited on what I can stock up on perishable wise. I'm working on it. SO asked me to stop asking because it was making him feel bad that we don't have one yet (if he cut out his video game budget for a couple of months we could afford one though). So instead I'll make comments like ya chicken was on sale so I got X number, what a good deal. Then next time when the price is back up I'll be like ooooh I wish we would have had more  room to stock up when it was on sale, it sucks that now we have to pay 3x as much for the same thing we got last time. :)

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting luvmysoldier1:

YWe dont have Aldi's here. I did shop there in IL. On Extreme Couponing, I think the people next in line just want to be on tv. I am sure oth
er lanes are open and the stores arenotified in advance.

W will soo inTemple where circut city was on 31st lol.We need to go shopping sometime.Brookshires in Salado triples up to .39 and doubles from .40-.50

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Woohoo! I go to Sam's in Temple occassionally. Our son is being treatwd at S&W often so we make many trips to Temple.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)