Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish I had been stocking up on ammo...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 335 Total Views

embarrassed...I've read it here to do so the past two years. Hard to find now and pricey!  

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ddmalott
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM

So true DH wanted to go rabbit hunting the other day. He went to 4 different stores looking for ammo and they were all sold out :(  I think on line is the way to buy it now.

teekaroo
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Seriously, it's crazy.  We bought a 9mm gun mostly because people told us that you could always find ammo for it.  Apparently, everyone else did too. :)

laurag8707
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Yeah I know exctally what you mean thats why I keep telling everyone learn other ways to defend yourself and save the bullets for when the real stuff happens.

energygirl
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:36 AM

true!  And if we ever got in a situation that lasted for months and months...ammo would continue to be out......so having other ways in addition is good!

Quoting laurag8707:

Yeah I know exctally what you mean thats why I keep telling everyone learn other ways to defend yourself and save the bullets for when the real stuff happens.

EnergyGirlbutterfly

veggiegirl25
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My DH has been stocking up for some time now and it was hard for me to watch him drop $300 a time. But now I'm so thankful. He has been looking online and doesn't want to pay shipping. But he's running into the same issue, everyone's sold out! So we may end up getting screwed on shipping but I guess it's better to have them then not too. :/
luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

We had to order from cheaperthandirt.com It was pricey but even they had a lot sold out. We odered self defense ammo and soon will get more for practicing.

kimmykim
by Group Owner on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband sells guns and ammo for a living.  It's been crazy lately.  I reccomend stocking up whenever you possibly can.

ShelbysHope76
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

that's for sure!

ShelbysHope76
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM

We have been doing that lately and have been encouraging our family and friends to do the same.

energygirl
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Quoting ShelbysHope76:

We have been doing that lately and have been encouraging our family and friends to do the same.

we have too, can't buy much at a time....but every bit helps I guess.

EnergyGirlbutterfly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)