Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself Here!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi Everyone!  I'm Clarisse - a SAHM of 2 boys (2 1/2 and 1 years old) and a little girl on the way (due in September).  So needless to say, my days are pretty busy!  lol. 

I grew up in the LDS church, and my mom always stressed to me the importance of food storage.  She may hate me for saying this, but she is the food storage queen and is a wonderful fountain of information to me.  I have only recently started working on building our long-term food storage, and I suppose I've caught "the bug" because it's quickly becoming my new obsession.  I am not an expert, but I'm learning.  I hope to learn from all of you, and I hope you can learn a trick or two from me. 

We have the potential to make this a very valuable group.  We have access to wonderful minds, some great ideas, and especially a network of moms who have the same goals - to prepare our families for the things life might throw at us.  So, please share your ideas.  Ask questions.  Share links, articles, or anything relating to food, water, or even non-food item storage.

- Clarisse

2 1/2 years on Baby Step 2 and counting....

How did I do it?  Check out my blog for my tips and tricks!

by on Jul. 9, 2008 at 12:24 PM
Replies (171-173):
energygirl
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Hi Ladies :)  My name is Kelly....37 homeschooling mom of 3. We live on the IN/OH border.   We have a few chickens, a garden...and the more I am reading....I guess we fit the title "preppers" lol.  Just found this group and am eager to learn and share......

EnergyGirlbutterfly

ShelbysHope76
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Hi ladies, I am not LDS, but our family is seeing the way our country is turning and we want to be prepared to feed our family. I look forward to meeting everyone! I am 36, work fulltime, married 15yrs in Nov and have two girls, ages 9and 6. Nice to meet you!!!

Cullen331
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Hi there! My name is Carrie. I am 33, wife and mother of 4 (15, 2 and 1) and a 26 yr old stepson. We are learning to homestead in NE TN. I have read a lot from a wonderful LDS online site about food storage and being prepared so our family is doing everything er can to get stocked and ready :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN