Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

more pics

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:50 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 437 Total Views

My pantry looks different than the last time I posted pics of it. I was excited to post the pics but, when I looked at them myself.....I could see how many more things I need. I guess that is a good thing although I felt a little discouraged.  I need to focus more on water and can juice too. I had to throw away about 8 bottle of potable water tablets because they were only good for 4 years. :  (      I love having alot of instant mashed potatoes that I got on sale with a coupon cheap. I have 3 more coupons to use before Feb.   The smaller containers I use for my everyday sugar, flour, rice etc. The larger ones I am trying to not touch. The bench in my entry way is my "If you tough you die" kit!  That I am building and don't want to dip into unless it needs rotating. I hope this inspires some of you like your inspires me. I saw a pic of a pantry on aol and the article was about saving money. That pantry looked like a garage/broom closet with some food scattered around. It made me proud of myself. Right now I am working on getting dh old gear together and putting in a "to go " box.

My large spices that I luv and must have!I have 3 more containers to fill and will get more dry beans. I got sugar because of the "how much"post. :  )    Maybe powder milk will be my next "victim" 

Got Tupperware?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusieD250
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Wow, it looks like you are doing great! Where did you get the awesome containers?

Susie

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM

It is Tupperware. I am a consultant and I am my best customer!  I got my oder in yesterday and was SOOO..excited unpacking the box, washing everything and filling them up. bouncing mom     I am going to order more on payday. I put 3 bags of sugar in one and it is not even full. I put bay leaves in too. Most of what you see is modularmates and they are on sale now for 40% off!!!   The large white buckets are from WalMart. The labels cracker tin and cologne tin have little flashlights, glowsticks and pet medicine in them.   My medicine box looked so horrible I am working on it right now!  The tackle box is my sewing kit and the blue Rubbermaid box under it is my first aid kit. I use Rubbermaid for non food items.

Quoting SusieD250:

Wow, it looks like you are doing great! Where did you get the awesome containers?

Susie

Got Tupperware?

Jambo4
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Looking good!!!

Hugs  Amber

ReesesPieces
by Head Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Holy Hannah, I want you to come to my house ----with your tupperware!  lol!!! 

Seriously, it looks really good.  Totally not trying to pry or be a nosey-rosey, but how much do those modular mates (I assume those are the tall skinny-ish things) cost (with or without your discount)? 

BSeignemartin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Great picture. We are finishing our basement and the pantry has been a discussion. Can't get DH to picture what I want. I am going to show him yours.  BTW I notice you have a lot of Goya products, I have been searching high and low for sofrito sauce haven't been able to get it since we moved from Japan.

Brandy (Brave mom to 3 boys)
smalltowngal
by Head Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Wow. it looks great. We need to get better containers for our flour and rice.

ReesesPieces
by Head Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM

While we're talking about containers, my mom gave me these for Christmas.  They are from QVC (yes, she's one of THOSE people...lol) and they are called Lock-n-Lock (or maybe Lock and Lock, who knows).  Anyway, I absolutely adore these things.  As you can see we have some rice and some wheat in them because I had no where else to put those things once they were open.  I want to get more for our flour and sugar.  No matter how hard you shake them (or drop them) they dont' come open because there are interlocking flap thingies on each and every side, and a little door you can open on the front.  It's kinda hard to open, but not too bad.  They are just a bit pricey, which is why I am interested in seeing how much the tupperware thingies go for. 

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Right now modular mates are 40%off until 13 Feb!!  They come in round,oval,super oval,square and retangular. The ones that have my white sugar etc are the rectangular#4..the largest. It is $16.80 now reg $28.00  Some mod mates are skinny..the spag dispenser is $6.30 right now reg $10.50.   There are awesome specials right now that is why I am taking advantage of it myself. IF you spend $50 you can buy two super cereal storers for $19!!  I havesix and am getting more. I have cat food in one and pancaske mix and other foods. I am getting more on payday. You can look online to see the specials. If you want to order from me I can give you my number or you can find a consultant in your area. I love love Tupperware because it is airtight (unlike Rubbermaid) and lifetime guarentee. I had a cereal storer for 20 years and saw a tiny crack, not even all the way through and it was replaced free!!!     If anyone here would like to have an online party with me we can do that and earn free product. I have alot of competition here so am only meeting my sales requirements because I am buying and an occassional single order here or there.  I started in Oct. If I get cut off that is fine AFTER I get all that I want! 

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Holy Hannah, I want you to come to my house ----with your tupperware!  lol!!! 

Seriously, it looks really good.  Totally not trying to pry or be a nosey-rosey, but how much do those modular mates (I assume those are the tall skinny-ish things) cost (with or without your discount)? 

Got Tupperware?

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Oh my..you must make your own sofrito sauce!  It is 1,000% better than the jar.

In a blender or food processor..chop (not liquify)  a little evoo, onions, green bell peppers, garlic and alot of cilantro. If you want it spicy, throw in an habenero or jalepeno. Depending on your taste, adjust the amount of the ingredients. Pour into ice cube tray and freeze then put in freezer bags. It is VERY easy to make and YUM!!!  Let me know if you make it and how you like it. You can use it like Hispanic bullioncubes for rice, beans, chili, spaghetti sauce, casseroles etc.   I love Goya products. They are very good quality and tastes great. I buy mine very cheap in Tampa when I go there.   About the Tuuperware,it is larger than the pics show. The more pics I posted the  smaller they got. I put bay leaves in most of the containers too.

Quoting BSeignemartin:

Great picture. We are finishing our basement and the pantry has been a discussion. Can't get DH to picture what I want. I am going to show him yours.  BTW I notice you have a lot of Goya products, I have been searching high and low for sofrito sauce haven't been able to get it since we moved from Japan.

Got Tupperware?

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I bet my 4 year old can break them..lol!playing soccer girl

Quoting ReesesPieces:

While we're talking about containers, my mom gave me these for Christmas.  They are from QVC (yes, she's one of THOSE people...lol) and they are called Lock-n-Lock (or maybe Lock and Lock, who knows).  Anyway, I absolutely adore these things.  As you can see we have some rice and some wheat in them because I had no where else to put those things once they were open.  I want to get more for our flour and sugar.  No matter how hard you shake them (or drop them) they dont' come open because there are interlocking flap thingies on each and every side, and a little door you can open on the front.  It's kinda hard to open, but not too bad.  They are just a bit pricey, which is why I am interested in seeing how much the tupperware thingies go for. 

Got Tupperware?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)