Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fast food places becoming tight wads!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 248 Total Views

I rarely go to fast food places anymore becsue the prices are higher and the burgers tiny. Wendy's? Waht happened to "wheres the beef?"   Now it really is...where is it...not at Wendy's.  Anyway, I went to McDonald's to grab coffee for the gate guards on a very cold morning. At the drive thru the lady asked if I wanted cream and sugar and I said yes. (not knowing if they used cream or sugar) She asked how many and I said two of each. When I pulled around, I asked for the cream and sugar and was told they put it in the coffee now!  My daughter use to work at the McD and knew cheap ways were coming. At Wendy's yesterday I grabbed two dollar sandwiches after picking up my daugher from drill practice. I knew it would be a while before dinner so I splurged on what I could have spent on storage ..lol.    I was not given any napkins. We have to ask now. Instead of being given a usual handful we got one fo reach sandwich. At first I said no sauce for the nuggets then changed my mind. I could put it in my storage. I was given exactly one instead of 2 or 3. I wonder if I went inside if all the plastic ware would not be in the diningroom anymore and woul dhave to ask. Ok, I admit it, I would take a handful if I only needed one. embarrassed

Got Tupperware?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Merlyn0526
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM

No offense intended here, but my parents own a restaurant. It's a diner so a little different story, but most places of business do it because of people who steal stuff. It may not seem like taking a few extra forks or sauces or whatever is stealing, but it is and it costs money. It makes complete sense to me to only give one sauce especially for just the dollar sandwiches they are small. With tough economic times businesses are losing money and have less profit to cover what they call petty theft. if times are good and they are making a bunch of money they don't generally care about taking a small loss, but when their business goes down they care.

Pam

SusieD250
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I don't know. But we did go to Burger King last night and this one has always had a cool dining area. However last night it was freezing. I was told they were trying to save energy. Save energy my tushie. We were so cold our teeth were chattering and my bones hurt. We ate as fast as we could and left. I told the manager we won't be coming there again and that I will file a complaint with corporate. He was very appologetic, but would not turn on the heat.

I do know many places do not control thier own heat, it is controlled by corporate, so giving him the benefit of the doubt, but still complaining to corporate.

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

No offense taken. bow down I don't feel bad because so many times I get burnt or way undercooked fries or even drinks that ws not what I ordered. I hate it when I am in a hurry and find out when I get home and won't drive ten miles to return a mistake on their part. When I worked at McD years ago it was never that way. My four year old needs more than one napkin and as a matter of fact, so do I, my son...sleeve is fine with him . (if I don't catch him) One sauce is plenty for some but when I use it, I personally like extra. dh like a tiny amount of salad dressing on hi salad where I like a ton. To each his own. As long as there is not a sign saying take only one then I don't consider it stealing so  I will help myself.  simple smileI am sure your parents have a great place and have good service and I wish them well.

Quoting Merlyn0526:

No offense intended here, but my parents own a restaurant. It's a diner so a little different story, but most places of business do it because of people who steal stuff. It may not seem like taking a few extra forks or sauces or whatever is stealing, but it is and it costs money. It makes complete sense to me to only give one sauce especially for just the dollar sandwiches they are small. With tough economic times businesses are losing money and have less profit to cover what they call petty theft. if times are good and they are making a bunch of money they don't generally care about taking a small loss, but when their business goes down they care.

Pam

Got Tupperware?

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Good for you!  It very well may have been the owner you had spoken to. Now a days many are into making money not good service and that is too bad. They don't get cold working back there by the grill. Maybe he should have given you a refund and a free cup of coffee to warm up! That was the olden days I guess.

Quoting SusieD250:

I don't know. But we did go to Burger King last night and this one has always had a cool dining area. However last night it was freezing. I was told they were trying to save energy. Save energy my tushie. We were so cold our teeth were chattering and my bones hurt. We ate as fast as we could and left. I told the manager we won't be coming there again and that I will file a complaint with corporate. He was very appologetic, but would not turn on the heat.

I do know many places do not control thier own heat, it is controlled by corporate, so giving him the benefit of the doubt, but still complaining to corporate.

Got Tupperware?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)