Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We got our powdered eggs and butter today

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 336 Total Views

So today we got our powdered eggs and butter that we can use for baking. DH is pretty excited and actually the one that ordered them. Hmmm, I wonder if he's going to be the one baking too then. :)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kimmykim
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM

where did you buy them from?  I put in an order to honeyville farms last week and got it in the mail yesterday.  I got a can each of powdered eggs and powdered butter and a small can of freeze dried strawberries (I thought it would be a bigger can, but it's pretty tiny) and I also got two #10 cans of vital wheat gluten for bread baking.  I'm using one right now and then putting the other in my storage.  I haven't tried the eggs, butter or strawberries yet, but the reviews for those things seemed pretty good!

~Kim

smalltowngal
by Head Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Quoting kimmykim:

where did you buy them from?  I put in an order to honeyville farms last week and got it in the mail yesterday.  I got a can each of powdered eggs and powdered butter and a small can of freeze dried strawberries (I thought it would be a bigger can, but it's pretty tiny) and I also got two #10 cans of vital wheat gluten for bread baking.  I'm using one right now and then putting the other in my storage.  I haven't tried the eggs, butter or strawberries yet, but the reviews for those things seemed pretty good!

DH got ours from honeyville farms too. He got a case of each which is 6 cans that are 2.5 lbs.

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I have never seen that catalog but will look for it online. I need powdered eggs and butter. I am excited to look. I wonder if there is powdered cheese. Obama has alot of people excited about sacrificing. That kinda scares me. He did say things will get worse before better so that is part of why I am extra serious now. We love to eat. eating

Got Tupperware?

kimmykim
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Here is the link to honeyville grains.  After searching online and at my local preparedness store, they have the lowest prices and the lowest shipping cost.

~Kim

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:36 PM

thank you

Quoting kimmykim:

Here is the link to honeyville grains.  After searching online and at my local preparedness store, they have the lowest prices and the lowest shipping cost.

Got Tupperware?

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM

WOW! Are you kidding me..that is great!!  bouncing

Quoting kimmykim:

Got Tupperware?

smalltowngal
by Head Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Quoting luvmysoldier1:

I have never seen that catalog but will look for it online. I need powdered eggs and butter. I am excited to look. I wonder if there is powdered cheese. Obama has alot of people excited about sacrificing. That kinda scares me. He did say things will get worse before better so that is part of why I am extra serious now. We love to eat. eating

I hate to say this but I think we're heading for another depression. I don't know if it will be as bad or worse than the Great Depression but it's going to take us a while to get things straightened out. I wouldn't be surprised if jobless claims for January top 1 million. Last Friday various companies announced a total of 100k job cuts in one day alone.

luvmysoldier1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I agree. There were a record number of forclosures too. We live on a military installation now but I wonder what we will do when dh retires. We can get a very low interest loan (and we have va) on my reservation. dh does not want to live in WI. eye rollingWell, we will see. It would be great to have a little house and land to have a huge garden.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting luvmysoldier1:

I hate to say this but I think we're heading for another depression. I don't know if it will be as bad or worse than the Great Depression but it's going to take us a while to get things straightened out. I wouldn't be surprised if jobless claims for January top 1 million. Last Friday various companies announced a total of 100k job cuts in one day alone.

Got Tupperware?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)