Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Wheat!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

I've been organizing and doing inventory on my mom's food storage.    According to the calculators, for the two of them, they need 300 lbs of wheat for one year.  She apparently stock piled wheat when we were still a family of 8.  She has over 1,000 lbs of wheat!  I'm not sure I've found it all.  I keep finding boxes of stuff tucked in all sorts of corners.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ReesesPieces
by Head Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM

That's like my mom and dad.  When I say they have a ton of wheat, I kid you not - they honestly have just over 2000 lbs of wheat!!!!!!!   It's insane, but it's also nice to know that if we run out of food, my mom could easily feed us, and probably the entire town!!!  lol. 

heavenis7
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM

My in laws stalk piled too until they lost their house and couldn't leave it all. We took as much as we could at the time. I wish we could have taken more. It makes me sick to think of all the storage that went to waste there.Especially when I think of how much my large family needs now. I don't think we will ever have enough in our house to feed our family for a year. I wish, I wish, I wish!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)