Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you??? PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:34 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 223 Total Views
Do you use coupons to get trial size items for free? I do, and wonder how many others do. I have been able to amp up my stockpile with different items doing this. If you do, what do you get?

I get:

Kotex liners

suave lotion

st ives lotion

ky jelly

gold bond lotion

ob tampons

red cross first aid kits (travel size)

baby wash/shampoo/lotion

toddler suave shampoo

bandaids

tylenol

advil

aleive

ziplocks

mr clean erasers

complete contact solution

tide laundry soap

downey fabric softner

shout wipes

suave deoderant

dove deoderant

degree deoderant

johnsons buddies bars

lipton tea to go packets

always feminine wipes

garnier fructis

head n shoulders

razors

shave cream

cottonelle toilet paper and wet wipes

preperation h wipes

condoms

lysol to go spray

green giant steamers (used to be cheaper, but coupons have gone down in value)

horizon organic milk (when they have 1.00 coupons good on any size... nice cuz it doesn't need to be in the fridge, and has at least a 6 month expiration)

poptarts (with target and mfg q end up being around 0.14 per box)

ricola cough drops

baking soda (often on sale at wmart 2/1.00 use 1.00/2 mfq)

hersheys bars (use wags sale with bogo coupons for nearly free bars)

i think that's it. i use the 1.00 off (or more) coupons and pick up these items in the travel isle at target/wmart/wags. normally i get 4 papers, so i am there often and stock up on whatever i happen to have that week. some are odd, and not needed all the time (ky and condoms! LOL!) but are nice to have on hand. i know that some debate that it makes items "cheaper" to use the 1.00 off coupon on a larger size item, but honestly i would NEVER buy a 64oz tide and pay 8.00 for it... when i make my own detergent. BUT, it is nice to have a stock of 40 packets of tide, for a single load, in case we run out of detergent.

what, if anything do you all get with coupons that is free or nearly free... most all of the time?

PROUD OWNER OF...
coupon/check trades and giveaways... come check out what new coupons are posted today! Printable links, hints and tips, and much much more!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/30682

gmums... a group for moms who use gdiapers, the best alternative to cloth for the environment. A fun and healthy way to use flushable diapers! http://www.cafemom.com/group/26255

ddh developmental dysplasia of the hip... a group for moms who have a child who has or has had ddh.  A group to share information, stories, successes and disappointments, and other information related to having a child with ddh.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/33384

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ReesesPieces
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I do occasionally.  I have gotten things like the thermacare heat wraps trial size things before and probably a few others.  Instead of using coupons for things like that, I usually go online to www.mysavings.com and request all the free samples I can stand.  I went to the proctor and gamble website and they just send me a P&G Brand Sampler with a sample of some pantene, tide, and prilosec otc.  At one pont, I had gotten so many free samples of deodorant that I didn't have to buy any for 6 months.  I also check out the company websites and go to the special offers section and sign up for any and all free samples I can find. 

I do get a lot of stuff free from CVS and walgreens by using coupons.  I get quite a few things from Walmart and Publix (a regional grocery store chain) that way.  I have a blog - Clarisse's Financial Notebook that lists my good deals and shows pictures of some of the stuff I've bought.  Just click on the CVS & Walgreens posts link, or on Money Saving Tips. 

- Clarisse

3 Years on Baby Step 2 and counting....                       How did I do it?  Check out my blog for my tips and tricks! 

Come Join Me at Food Storage 101 - emergency preparedness, recession proofing your family, and more!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)