Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh YUMMM....The Best Hot Cocoa Ever

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 411 Total Views

Okay, so I've been cold all day - not sure why.  I'm feeling fine, everyone else in the house is fine, it's not too too cold outside, and we've not been anywhere in 5 days (car is in the shop).  So, I finally busted open a can of the hot cocoa from the cannery, and MAN - that stuff is good!  It's the best hot cocoa I've ever had.  So....I'm going to have to get some more because this stuff is fantastic.  I'm on my 2nd cup and am so glad I have a #10 can of this stuff!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BumbleBee283
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I know, right?!  I usually will make my own hot cocoa mix for these hot cocoa cones that I make for Christmas gifts, but this year I didn't have enough powdered milk for my mix.  So, I was looking in storage for another can of milk, and stumbled across the hot cocoa mix that I'd forgotten even buying!  I decided to go that route because it was just easier.  Much to my surprise, it is sooooo much better than any mix I've ever made or any store bought mix for that matter! 

I can't wait to get some more of that stuff!  It is the best! 

ReesesPieces
by Head Admin on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Quoting BumbleBee283:

I know, right?!  I usually will make my own hot cocoa mix for these hot cocoa cones that I make for Christmas gifts, but this year I didn't have enough powdered milk for my mix.  So, I was looking in storage for another can of milk, and stumbled across the hot cocoa mix that I'd forgotten even buying!  I decided to go that route because it was just easier.  Much to my surprise, it is sooooo much better than any mix I've ever made or any store bought mix for that matter! 

TOO FUNNY!  I have made those before and have given them as Christmas gifts, but we always got the cans of hot cocoa mix from Walmart.  I'm not saying I'd give up MY super yummy hot cocoa from the cannery though.  I think that's about the only item I'd hoard!  LOL!!!!!! 

What I used for the cones are the disposable piping bags (for decorating a cake).  They come like 50 to a box (and I use them a lot anyway) so that was what I used.  I didn't know you could buy them at a party store.  cool.

BumbleBee283
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Quoting ReesesPieces:

Quoting BumbleBee283:

TOO FUNNY!  I have made those before and have given them as Christmas gifts, but we always got the cans of hot cocoa mix from Walmart.  I'm not saying I'd give up MY super yummy hot cocoa from the cannery though.  I think that's about the only item I'd hoard!  LOL!!!!!! 

What I used for the cones are the disposable piping bags (for decorating a cake).  They come like 50 to a box (and I use them a lot anyway) so that was what I used.  I didn't know you could buy them at a party store.  cool.

Yep, I used the piping bags, too.  Worked like a charm.

I'll probably never make hot cocoa mix again -- the cannery stuff is just toooo good!  And I WILL be buying a whole case next time I go to the cannery!  LOL

MissRobn
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Hmmmm.... I will have to try this as my family LOVES hot cocoa and we got thru a lot of it. Thanks for the heads up.
Holly126
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I'm wanting to go to our cannery, just haven't had the time or the money yet. I was wondering what the amount of hot cocoa does everyone get? We drink it alot around here in the winter or when it's cold to warm up. I was thinking that the 25lb sounds like alot, but I am unsure the amount we use regularly.

moneysaver6
by Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I'm heading to the cannery tomorrow.  I'll have to give it a try.  I wondered if it was good or not.  Thanks for the letting us know!

moneysaver6
by Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I would recommend buying a #10 can at first until you know your family likes it.

Quoting Holly126:

I'm wanting to go to our cannery, just haven't had the time or the money yet. I was wondering what the amount of hot cocoa does everyone get? We drink it alot around here in the winter or when it's cold to warm up. I was thinking that the 25lb sounds like alot, but I am unsure the amount we use regularly.

sassymomntx1961
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:47 AM

DD loves hot cocoa

GOD first ppl next things last you cant go wrong and w/ GOD and JESUS around you,you will be a a triple strand rope

Melodee0119
by Group Admin on Aug. 30, 2011 at 11:17 AM
It is yummy last year we went through one can over the winter but we didn't have it everyday and there is only 3 of us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReesesPieces
by Head Admin on Aug. 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

We only go through about 1 per winter, but we don't drink it every day and there are 5 of us who drink it.  We would probably want 2 of them if we were relying on it more or if my kids were older and drank more than half a cup each.  It is only good for like 4 or 5 years or something, so you don't want a huge stockpile that you can't rotate through in enough time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)