Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just got back from the local cannery - this is what I did just today WITH UPDATE of GOD's BLESSING!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:51 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

80lbs of beans (all kinds but 34# of pinto beans alone)

40lbs rice (Basmatti and Jasmine)

20lbs Sugar

25lbs Flour

7# Dry Milk

I also took home 12 empty cans that I can use when I go to the Lancaster Cannery whenever my wheat comes in and I got 18 Mylar bags (not the bucket size) and 50 0xy absorbers.

Now to spend time re-organizing everything and doing a full inventory and getting that on the coputer! 
Whew - I am getting things done and running out of room quickly.  With another 150# of wheat coming, I have no clue where I am going to put everything...

*** I sent an e-mail out to friends and family and one friend from Church is moving to Seatle, she has 100# of wheat still in bags she got last year and she is giving them to me for free!  Back to the Cannery to get it all in cans before the Cannery gets moved.  I took their last 12 cans which should do 50#   This time I am going to keep some wheat out to play with and learn how to cook with and integrate it into my family's diet! 

IN THE MIDDLE OF DIFFICULTY LIES OPPORTUNITY (ALBERT EINSTEIN)

DIANNE-2.gif picture by chefddr

by on May. 8, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ReesesPieces
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Very cool Dianne

Make sure to incorporate that wheat SLOWLY!  If you just slam your family with it at once, you will all have stomach cramps and will go through A LOT of your TP storage.  lol.  Just heed my words of warning!!!!

Dianne1259
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2009 at 8:11 AM

will do mama!!  maybe one meal a week with a little wheat tossed in?  I'm gonna look for the recipe for Tacos with wheat berries in them if I can find it I may be able to hide the wheat in there!

Today, after we are done with all the stuff we have to do, Jake and I are going to make our first loaf of wheat bread fromscratch.  If it comes out well, I will go get a few more good loaf pans I found.  We will see. My grandfather and father were bakers, but not bread bakers, award winning pastry chefs!

IN THE MIDDLE OF DIFFICULTY LIES OPPORTUNITY (ALBERT EINSTEIN)

DIANNE-2.gif picture by chefddr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)