Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! My name is

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 9:52 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 190 Total Views
Welcome to our group!  Please introduce yourself! 

What you want to achieve.

What inspires you to be healthy.

What is challenges you when you diet.

Anything fascinating!!  Your pet peeves, your kids, BMI scores. 

by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MumFerg
by Group Owner on Jul. 10, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Good day, Ladies!

I am Nicole!  I also go by  "Nic". 

My goal is get off blood pressure medicine by loosing weight.  (Hopefully-if medically possible).  I am 26 and when I was 30 weeks pregnant with my first, I was put on complete bedrest for 6 weeks.  Everything turned out well and everyone was healthy -except my blood pressure.  My primary physician requested I follow the DASH diet to lower my bp and weight.  So far I have had success and I wanted to share it with everyone!

I am inspired to have more childern and avoid bedrest again, because honestly, I might self combust if I have to lay on my left side for an insane amount of time again.  I also want to set a good example to my daughter on how to eat well. 

My challenges are getting others around me to eat well, or eat well despite them eating high sodium, greasy foods.  I fall to peer pressure well- not really- but very tempted by food. 

Other interesting facts about me, I am an artist, avid gardner, don't own a television, and well.... you can view my profile for more quirks. 
Mom2BaileyAlyse
by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 3:27 PM
Hey y'all! My name is Heather and I'm 25 years old. When I was almost 32 weeks pregnant with my daughter, Bailey Alyse (now 6 months old) I was put on bedrest. For every hour I was up I had to lay down for 4 hours. That only lasted 1 day before I was put back in the hospital because of my bp. After doing that for a few days back and forth, my dr. finally kept me in the hospital until my daughter was born. She was born on January 4, 2008 at 33 weeks weighing 4lbs 12oz and 18inches long! I was diagnosed with preeclampsia so she was born via emergency c-section. I still to this day have high blood pressure that is being controlled with bp medicine.

What you want to achieve.
I would like to lose weight and get my blood pressure back under control without medication! I want to be healthy enough to not be scared to have another baby!!

What inspires you to be healthy. My amazing husband! He's a soldier in the US Army. Also, my wonderful 6 month old daughter! They are my life, so I want to live it to the best of my ability so I can grow old with my husband and watch our daughter grow up, get married, have children, etc.

What is challenges you when you diet. Going out to eat, my family always seems to want to go out to eat. Also, cheese! I looooove cheese!! I use DASH seasonings instead of any other kind of seasoning, so I never use salt. But the sodium and sugar level in so many things are outrageous and I don't know any good foods to eat. I love to snack, but I don't. I wish, however, that I could find a good, healthy snack to snack on. Preferably something chocolate!! That's my weakness! Although, ice cream isn't very high in sodium so every now and then I'll have a scoop of it!

Anything fascinating!!  Your pet peeves, your kids, BMI scores.

I'm a mother of 1, a military spouse, and military brat, a southern girl, madly in love, great friend, great listener, honest, loyal, loves babies, owner of a cute furry little bunny, Dizzy. That's me! My pet peeves, I try not to stress at all, but one thing that gets to me is driving, lol. i see myself as a great driver, but other people just annoy me so bad on the road! I def. have road rage! I also hate it when animals lick my toes!!! As for my BMI...38.6. When I had my daughter I weighed 288lbs (6 months ago), I now weigh 224.8lbs and my first goal is 219lbs, then 200lbs. I'd like to be 200lbs atleast by the time my husband gets back from being deployed the end of September! Here's the kicker, I only started dieting the first week of April and in that time I've lost tons of weight!!!
Bailey Alyse's Mommy
MaggieSpitz
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2008 at 10:42 PM

My name is Mary I also go by Maggie

My goal is to get back down to the weight I was when I got engaged in Aug of 2007.  I got married dec 2007 and pregnant Jan 2008.  I had gained alot of weight between getting engaged and getting married.  At my first OB appointment in Feb my BP was already bad and I was put on meds that day.  The first week of August I was put on bedrest and i wasn't due until Sept 26th.  My Dr gave in and induced me Sept 9th due to my BP.

My kids inspire me to be healthy.  I grew up with a mom who worked full time as an Interior Designer for nursing homes and hospitals yet she still was very healthy and took excellent care of herself.  I've always been thin and in good shape with little effort.  These days it's not as easy.  My daughter is 1 month old and I still weigh the same as the day I got home from the hospital.  With my daughter Chloe I was almost back to my pre pregnancy weight within 2-3weeks so this is weird.  I'm not as active as I was 5 years ago and thats where the issue is.  I was always so proud to have a mom who was in good shape and I want that for my girls.

My major weekness is junk food.  My husband has a major sweet tooth and he is always buying junk so it is everywhere in the house.  I try to cook healthy dinners but my kids are such picky eaters so it makes it hard.  Also I hate to exercise alone.  I live in a small town so there is no gym around and I get bored walking.

jamddp6
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Hello all. My name is Cindi. I am new this whole "DASH" idea. I am still in panic mode I suppose but trying to find out as much information as possible. Today, my physician cancelled my surgery (rotator cuff repair) because I failed my pre op exam. Apparently my EKG shows that I failed. That I have apparently had a mild heart attack recently. I'm scared. Worried. Mad. All rolled up into one.

What you want to achieve. To immediately get on top of lower my weight. I'm at 260. I'm 43 so I know this is going to be challenge. But I have to start immediately.

What inspires you to be healthy. Honestly, I've always been healthy, except for my weight. No high blood pressure, no diabetes, nothing really. But, this is a serious wake up call/eye opener.

What is challenges you when you diet. My challenges is that we have 4 kids still at home, 3 of which are teenagers who can eat anything and everything & stay skinny. Junk food galore. I snack big time! And I sit alot. I work from home on the computer, so I sit 10-12 hours a day/nite. I have got to get out of my chair and exercise!

Anything fascinating!!  Your pet peeves, your kids, BMI scores.  Nothing really fascinating, I'm married to a Deputy Sheriff, we've 6 children but only 4 are still at home. dd-18. twin sons 15 and a dd-5. The other two (son-24 & dd-20) are married and on their own. I work from home. Until this year, we always home schooled our kids. I currently have a torn rotator cuff (which they say was from swimming as I started exercise earlier this summer) but that is second now until I get my heart fixed or under repair. My BMI is something like 45 or 46. I'm 5'3 and 260 pounds so yes, its up there! I am scared, mad, angry but determined to get a handle on this.

I look forward to conversing with you ladies and listening/learning!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)