Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Check in on Wednesday!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 9:56 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 244 Total Views
On wednesdays we share our success, "samies", or failures.  Post how much you lost,  how your blood pressure went up or down, or how  just great you feel! 

Checking in will help us encourage each other, ask for suggestions, and hold us accountable to our promise to choose a healthier lifestyle.

Best of Luck this week!
by on Jul. 10, 2008 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumFerg
by Group Owner on Jul. 16, 2008 at 9:50 AM
My first check in!  Well I will post my weight here, but probably will only refer to lost and gains in the future. 

This morning I checked in at 146.  I have been bouncing around b/t 145 and 150 for the last few weeks.  I went to the doc monday to have my thyroid tested,  I haven't gotten a call back yet with the results.  I tremendously curious to see if that is the case and perhaps it was what caused my blood pressure to spike at 30 weeks in my pregnancy.  I will keep you posted.

My goal is 135.  And the doc reminded me to continue to loose weight.  I am ready to try some new recipes because I am currently living on salads for lunches and pasta w/light sauce for dinners.  I want to find a low sodium veggie lasagna, because that sounds awesome. 

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying eating right!
Mom2BaileyAlyse
by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 2:34 AM

I'll make sure to do my standings later today after I wake up (once I get to sleep!!). Sorry that I didn't post last week, things have been crazy!

Quoting MumFerg:

My first check in!  Well I will post my weight here, but probably will only refer to lost and gains in the future. 

This morning I checked in at 146.  I have been bouncing around b/t 145 and 150 for the last few weeks.  I went to the doc monday to have my thyroid tested,  I haven't gotten a call back yet with the results.  I tremendously curious to see if that is the case and perhaps it was what caused my blood pressure to spike at 30 weeks in my pregnancy.  I will keep you posted.

My goal is 135.  And the doc reminded me to continue to loose weight.  I am ready to try some new recipes because I am currently living on salads for lunches and pasta w/light sauce for dinners.  I want to find a low sodium veggie lasagna, because that sounds awesome. 

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying eating right!

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Jul. 23, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Well, this morn I was 145, my bp last night was 150/80.  Which is odd.  I am not sure what is up with that? 

My thyroid test came back negative.  But I continue to have symptoms....  OYE!  I am sick of talking about my health like I am 85!  HECK  I probably have had more doc appts this year than most 85 years olds.  I figured the other night I have been to apprx 60 appts this year b/t my preganacy, daughter, and self!

However, I did print off a handful of recipes from the Mayo Clinic yesterday and I hope to try a few out... SO I will keep you in the loop! 

Mom2BaileyAlyse
by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 4:55 PM

This morning I weighed in at 225.6 (blah!) My goal is 150! I still have a long ways to go!!!! However, I've come a long way from 288 when I gave birth to my daughter in January! My blood pressure last night was 117/78 and this morning it was 107/68.

Glad your test came back okay, althought it would have been great to know that is what was causing your high bp.

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2008 at 9:02 AM

HELLO!

I love Wednesdays!  (Evelyn was even born on a Wednesday!  ;-)

Anyway,  I am not sure I can say I weigh 144. I might weigh 144.5 because I can see the 145 line.  We may be talking ounces this week.  HA!  Plus it is my monthly, so I don't know if that plays in effect at all?

My bp has been a bouncing ball all week.  I have no idea.  I had a few readings at 150/100 and I even had a reading of 120/60, which makes me wonder if I even took it right!?!  But I have never had that since I have had Evie.  Before I got pregnant it typical ran 110/60.  I have been dizzy all week, too.

However, I did stop drinking caffeine all together this week.  So that may be an explanation for the crazy readings.  My body is probably going through a harsh withdrawl! 

This week my family and I have gone on a walk every morn at 6am.  It has been great weather.  I usually take Evie in her carrier.  So I can carry the extra weight and get more of a work out.  And in the evenings when my husband works I have been doing yoga.  So I am curious to see if I will have problems loosing weight since I will be toning my muscles now.  We will see! 

Tonight, we are having salmon!  I am so excited!  I am making steamed broccoli and my husband said he will eat it if I get cheese to put over his.  Which is exciting because he can eat any healthy.  He is on the pepronni and beer diet.  How is it that I am the one with the high blood presure!?!

Ok, have a great week and hope everyone is doing well!!

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2008 at 9:15 PM

All right it is my pre-Wednesday check in.

Well, I am a solid 145.  I think I may have put my body into starvation mode, so I am taking this week off and starting all over on Monday!  My bp is 140/90 but if I sit and rest for a lil it does go down to 130/80.

I am going on a mini vaca, so I am going to let my body take a break and really revamp everything!  Wish me luck!

Anything new with everyone?

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Sep. 3, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Hello!  How is everyone doing!?!?! 

Well my bp has been all over the place, but my scale is finally moving down a lil have a month of being still.  I am on the low end of 144.  Whoo! 

So hopefully that will continue! 

Happy, Healthy eating to everyone! 

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Sep. 10, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Good news ladies!  I just got back from annual check up and everything looked good.  My blood pressure was low-which surprised me.  And he commented on my weight was looking good.  So I was happy with that!  Whoot!  I guess I have been really hard on myself. 

I do have an appt with my primary in 3 weeks for a check up on my bp.  so I am curious to see how that goes! 

But for now,  I need to remember not to be too hard on myself and take it a little easy.

That and they all hinted that they would be excited to see me in less than a year.  Which made me happy, beause my husband and I really would like to have more. 

Hope everyone is doing well. 

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Sep. 24, 2008 at 7:17 PM

I reached 140 today!   YAH!  I cannot decide if I should go to 135 or 130.  Either way,  I am doing well and my bp seems to be doing OK.  I would like to get off these meds and I think if I get to 130, I should be good!  I see the doc next week, so hopefully I will have good news!

Hope everyone is doing well.  I am tryikng to recruit more members.  So if you have any ideas, please let me know. 

MaggieSpitz
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Ok Nicole I am using you to keep me in line so that I can loose weight to get this BP junk under control.  So this morning I weighed myself and I was 185lbs.  My goal in the end is 135-140lbs which is what I was at the beginning of the fall last year.  However I am taking baby steps so I have set a smaller goal which is i want to loose about 20lbs for the winter season.  Reason is I bought a ton of cute winter clothes right before I got pregnant and barely got to wear them and want I want to get use of them this winter.  So I hope that I can get my rear in gear and loose some weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)