Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BMI score?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 9:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

What is everyones BMI score?

This weekend I just finally got my BMI score at 24.  That is me at 135.  It is the highest score in the 'normal' range.  I have a feeling it is going to be heck for me to maintain it!  But I must!!  I haven't taken my bp yet.  I am going to try and do it when I am not stressed out (teething baby and water in the basement! )   I am thinking about once I maintain this weight for a week or two setting a new goal.  Perhaps lowering my score and getting a 'cushion'.  Like 21 or something like that. 

by on Dec. 1, 2008 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cpharr13
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2008 at 4:16 PM

im going to wait 6 weeks to mine!-right now it says im severly obese-5'1" 160 lbs!!! 5 weeks PP though-i should be around 110-50 lbs to tackle-wow!

jamddp6
by on Dec. 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Well I'm right there with you all. Apparently I'm at 5'3 and 260 so I have alot of work to do. But I'm determined to get this off and keep it off. ;o)

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Way to go ladies!!  How is everyone doing with weight lost right now??  Where are you at now?

Christina7407
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 2:47 PM

My BMI is 27.1.  Very high.  As I posted in your other post, I learned that at 5'4" and 157 lbs that I am obese and at risk for heart disease.  Which I knew I was at risk for since it runs in the family.  But to be told that you are obese is just very heart breaking.  I have fallen off the wagon of eating healthier and exercising.  I have also started to snack again late at night.  Every time I go the kitchen to get something to eat after work I think to myself "don't do it.  you know you will regret it".  But I do it anyway.  The little devil inside my head says "it's ok.  just this one time won't hurt.  tomorrow is another day".  And then tomorrow comes and it's the same deal.  I severly need help ladies.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
(")_(") world domination

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Welcome!!  I am so happy you joined.  It is a nice quiet group, always looking for more.  But the DASH diet has really helped me.  I was 165 at 5'3'' before I had E.  I just really reduce my diary and meat intake, and that helped a lot.  I try and find good sald and pasta (no sauce) recipes.  Check out the links and see if you can find any recipes from the Mayo Clinic that you can enjoy with you and your fam!  And than let us know how it is!

Quoting Christina7407:

My BMI is 27.1.  Very high.  As I posted in your other post, I learned that at 5'4" and 157 lbs that I am obese and at risk for heart disease.  Which I knew I was at risk for since it runs in the family.  But to be told that you are obese is just very heart breaking.  I have fallen off the wagon of eating healthier and exercising.  I have also started to snack again late at night.  Every time I go the kitchen to get something to eat after work I think to myself "don't do it.  you know you will regret it".  But I do it anyway.  The little devil inside my head says "it's ok.  just this one time won't hurt.  tomorrow is another day".  And then tomorrow comes and it's the same deal.  I severly need help ladies.

Christina7407
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Hello ladies.  Haven't been in here much since the m/c.  But I am determined to start eating healthier (like i was before the m/c) and start exercising more and drinking more water.  I just don't understand why it is so hard this time around.  Depression b/c of the m/c?  I don't know.  But I really want to lose at least 30lbs before the fall.  Is that realistic?  Any support would be greatly appreciated!  See ya around!

Chrissy

toddler girltypingwashing dishesin love

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Jun. 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Well, I believe that 1 to 1.5 lbs a week is realistic.  So depending if what part of fall.  YES!! 

This summer I am trying to enjoy more pastas with out sauce and with some veggies.  That is my goal. 

Good luck!

Quoting Christina7407:

Hello ladies.  Haven't been in here much since the m/c.  But I am determined to start eating healthier (like i was before the m/c) and start exercising more and drinking more water.  I just don't understand why it is so hard this time around.  Depression b/c of the m/c?  I don't know.  But I really want to lose at least 30lbs before the fall.  Is that realistic?  Any support would be greatly appreciated!  See ya around!

Chrissy

Christina7407
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!  Well I'm thinking Ocotber/ Novemberish.  I think my ultimate goal will be for Thanksgiving. 

Hmmm... pasta w/ out sauce.... I wonder if I could do that?  Isn't it bland?  You said you get your recipes off of MayoClinic.  I'm gonna have to check them out again.  Thanks!  Good luck to you too.  I just got done doing pilates.  I have to force myself to do it but after I do it I feel great. 

Quoting MumFerg:

Well, I believe that 1 to 1.5 lbs a week is realistic.  So depending if what part of fall.  YES!! 

This summer I am trying to enjoy more pastas with out sauce and with some veggies.  That is my goal. 

Good luck!

Quoting Christina7407:

Chrissy

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN