Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good News!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

I went to the doc this morning, and he approved for me to stay off my bp meds.  He was pleased with my bp!  I am very excited about this accomplishment.  I celebrated with a latte and cinnamon rolls this morning.  =)

Well, I still would like to stay on the DASH diet.  I am so happy and content right now, I am afaird to loose focus. 

But I think if I could loose another 10 lbs, get mid range on "normal' for my BMI score.  I could really potential stay healhier!  And my hopes (and you can tell me if I am crazy) is to only gain 30 lbs next pregancy and perhaps avoid bedrest!!!  That would be a dream come true!  I would be so happy if I could carry a baby full term wthout any risks! 

Wish me luck, I will need the support system to continue on this journey!

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Christina7407
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Yay!  Congrats.  I just learned last week at my basic fitness class that I am at high risk for heart disease and that I am (according to the numbers- and they apparently don't lie) considered obese.  WTH?  I know I am a little overweight.  But geez.... obese?  I have really fallen off the wagon and can't seem to get back on.  I don't know if it's stress or what it is.  But I just want to eat everything in sight.  And my husband bringing me a cadbury egg every night is not helping.  I have lost a total of 12 lbs but managed to gain 2 of them back.  Ugh.  I wish I could get back on that wagon.  But it's so hard.sad

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
(")_(") world domination

MumFerg
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2009 at 3:19 PM

12 is great start!!  high-five. 

I was obesed, and in the same shoes as you before I had E. 

I felt this diet was the first one that helped me.  I did the slim fast thing and others, but this one suites me the most. 

Good luck.  Give us updates on recipes, progress.... etc etc.

Quoting Christina7407:

Yay!  Congrats.  I just learned last week at my basic fitness class that I am at high risk for heart disease and that I am (according to the numbers- and they apparently don't lie) considered obese.  WTH?  I know I am a little overweight.  But geez.... obese?  I have really fallen off the wagon and can't seem to get back on.  I don't know if it's stress or what it is.  But I just want to eat everything in sight.  And my husband bringing me a cadbury egg every night is not helping.  I have lost a total of 12 lbs but managed to gain 2 of them back.  Ugh.  I wish I could get back on that wagon.  But it's so hard.sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)