Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is this

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:01 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 263 Total Views

It's either another sinus infection, DD just had one a month ago.  Or it could be teething, she's cutting her first 2 teeth.  Or it could be the CF and the psuedomonas, I don't know.

She's way more congested than usual, she's always congested in the morning, but now back to all the time.  Runny nose.  Not very happy, especially at night.  Sneezing and some coughing.

She is supposed to have a bronciascope next Wed. but we have to reschedule if she's on antibiotics.  It's been confirmed that she is aspirating on her formula, so we have to thicken it.  So we know there isn't just the psuedomonas in the lungs. 

Should I call her CF dr, or should I call her pedi, or just deal with it and don't call either?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Desire1
by Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I always call the cf doctor with everything, sometimes it's nice just to be reassured that its normal.

shelly43
by Member on Nov. 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Hello,

It's really hard to guess sometimes, but over the years it gets easier. I used to go to the peds for small colds and almost always ended up three days later at the CF clinic, several times with pneumonia. The peds never really want to give out strong enough prescriptions for a CFer.

The rule the CF nurses told me is if it's digestive and/or respiratory ( including sinus) call the CF doctor. They will let you know if you need to make a trip in or not. Alot depends on the coloring of the mucus too. If it's clear it's most likely just teething. Do you have a stethoscope? The nurses can teach you to listen for lung troubles. (Right now with all the viruses going around they don't really want you to come in if you don't have too) If it's normal stuff like  baby shots or a ear ache or ADHD testing call the peds doctor.

So generally we don't see the peds doctor that often, lol In the mean time do you have an emergency plan from the CF doc for illnesses? They usually increase the chest pats when their congested. You don't want that running down into her lungs. Try inclining her head to sleep, a nursing pillow helps if you still have it. A humidifier and children's vicks or the eucalyptus creams help breathing at nights! Hope this helps!!

Shelly
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)