• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could it be??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 343 Total Views
Ds has all the symptoms of cf. He's 16 months and has stalled at 19lbs and 22in tall. He's under the curve and has been for a while.

He is always wheezing.

He often gets colds and has lung issues.

He eats like a horse but never gains!

And when he poops its always messy and runny and smells! I heard greesy poop is a sign.

I need sounding boards.... I don't want this to be true but I need to know. I plan on making an apt with out alergist and asthma dr tomorrow (they are closed on wednesdays)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
darbyakeep45
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Welcome:)  First off, take a deep breath mama!  It's okay...I promise it's okay:)

I would get him seen and tested for Cystic Fibrosis as soon as you can to be honest...get a referral from his  pediatrician to see a pediatric pulmonologist to get a sweat test or DNA test.  Those are signs of CF, unfortunately, and you need a CF Center to diagnose CF.  An allergist won't be able to do that to be honest.  

Greasy poop is a big sign as it shows that he's not digesting the fat in his food, which is VERY common in CF patients.  

Just breathe mama, and get him tested.  The sooner you know the sooner you can start him on treatments, meds, enzymes to help him digest his food and grow, etc.  

Please feel free to PM if  you have any questions or need help!  I'm happy to help in any way I can:)

I have a 3 year old with CF...he was diagnosed when I was 7 months pregnant, so I know quite a bit about this stuff:)

Good luck!

mommy2xp
by Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I agree! I would go to your pedi and get a referral to a CF center. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome:)  First off, take a deep breath mama!  It's okay...I promise it's okay:)

I would get him seen and tested for Cystic Fibrosis as soon as you can to be honest...get a referral from his  pediatrician to see a pediatric pulmonologist to get a sweat test or DNA test.  Those are signs of CF, unfortunately, and you need a CF Center to diagnose CF.  An allergist won't be able to do that to be honest.  

Greasy poop is a big sign as it shows that he's not digesting the fat in his food, which is VERY common in CF patients.  

Just breathe mama, and get him tested.  The sooner you know the sooner you can start him on treatments, meds, enzymes to help him digest his food and grow, etc.  

Please feel free to PM if  you have any questions or need help!  I'm happy to help in any way I can:)

I have a 3 year old with CF...he was diagnosed when I was 7 months pregnant, so I know quite a bit about this stuff:)

Good luck!

tiffs2009
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:19 PM

100% agree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)