Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Birth

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:42 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 277 Total Views
Hi I am wanting to do a home birth.  Has anyone done one, or attended one?  I am definately not going the hospital route.  I am 27 weeks pregnant and I am wanting advice from those with experience.  Please let me know if you know about home birth.

DueInOctober.gifbathtimea1.gifthinkinpinka1.gifilovemylittleboy.gifBSM_Pregnant_witha_Girl.gif

Lilypie Baby Ticker

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Naomidoula
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 7:02 PM
Homebirth is a wonderful option. I have attended several as a doula/midwife assistant. Let me know how I can help you! Message me if you want, or respond here :0)
DoulaBee
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2007 at 11:00 PM
Homebirth is totally wonderful!!! Check around your area for midwives who do homebirth, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you tons of information! Good luck!
AnnKirchner
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2007 at 4:36 PM
I planned one for my baby that was just born two weeks ago however, she ended up being a c/s. That was the most expensive option possible and OF COURSE that was the way this baby felt she needed to come!

I was really excited about my planned homebirth, however, it was a battle getting family and friends to support me, plus insurance doesn't cover it so I had to pay out of my own pocket and STILL had to pay for a hospital birth--c/s no less.

If i have another child, and I probably won't, I wouldn't plan one again just because it is alot of work, but also because I've had two c/s and can't imagine I wouldn't again.

Good luck!

Ann
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)