Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PA Cyber Field Trips and Family Link Events

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:01 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 1991 Total Views

Do you ever go to the field trips or events? Today, we're going to a bowling event not too far from where we live. Since my husband is laid off right now, he'll be able to go along, too.

Just wondering if you find it fun or if you find it awkward.

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MichelleMc
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 1:22 PM

we went to the welcome picnic & seemed to make a friend. But, after two emails back & forth, that was it. NOthing else again. It could be since I have to work & most times alot of hours, I can't do the running & fun stuff.  Not sure, sigh.

I want to take him to some things, but with my schedule it is rough.

Michelle Proud Mom of an Only Child By Choice Jonathan

Proud Teenager, Life Ranked Boy Scout & Scottish Drummer Parent! Proud Navy Submarine Vets Wife! 

ch112752
by Member on Nov. 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM

I've been to a few. The upcoming trips we are attending are Frick Art & Historical Center and PPG Ice Skating. I've never made friends before this year and this is our third year. I recently attended a Chuck E Cheese and made two friends, although they have very young daughters and I have a 10 year old son. The Frick event should be structured, the PPG is not structured at all, at least it wasn't last year. We signed in at the Wintergarden, toured on our own and then wandered over to the PPG Rink on our own and my son skated while I watched him from the snack bar. I can't ice skate and it was snowing so no way was I going to sit outside. If you attend any of the same ones I do, I'd be delighted to meet you.

teen girlslidettc
Kelly                          Cameron            Mom and Dad         

Happy homeschooling mom, Dawn

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

sarahsfamily1
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Well, the bowling event was good. There were quite a few kids Liam's age and one of the moms is someone who found me on Facebook and is a friend of a friend...her eldest son is Liam's age, too. She wants to hang out more often.

We'll definitely go to the bowling again and hopefully get some playdates out of the deal. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)