Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gig Harbor Preschools?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 611 Total Views

I will be moving to GIg Harbor in the next few months and am in preschool research for my 3 year old for the fall.  Would love to hear any info you have on local preschools, good or bad!  Thanks!

Molly

by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsMoeKat
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Hi Molly,

Just wanted to start off by saying my name is Mollie, too. :)

My family and I moved to the area a few months ago and was also looking into preschools for my son. We have a Port Orchard address, but live like on the Kitsap/Pierce county line - so I looked into a lot of schools near Gig Harbor. Here's a few I found during my search:

Gig Harbor Cooperative Preschool

Rainy Dayz Preschool & Kindergarten

Stepping Stones to Learning

Discovery Village

Little Lambs Preschool

I'm sure there are many more, but those were the ones I considered and had reviews for. I almost choose the Gig Harbor Co-Op since it was closer to us and fit into our budget. However, we decided to go with a school in Port Orchard instead. Good luck with your search! 

Mollyr21
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Thanks so much!  I wasn't sure if people actually used this website since I think this is the first reply I've received.  Hope the move went well!!  

Lmb309
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I moved here last year and I am a VERY picky mom. I've heard great things about Rainy Dayz and Stepping Stones. I also liked Discovery Village, Curious By Nature, and Chapel Hill. Beginnings (daycare) and Harbor Montessori each have a pretty decent preschool, depending on what you're looking for.  We chose Bubble Poppers, which is a smaller home-based preschool, because I wanted a program where my son could feel a sense of belonging and feel at home. We loved it, but this year we're moving to Gig Harbor Academy for PreK. It's expensive but for the education, it can't be beat. Hope this helps!

Mollyr21
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Thanks All.  I think we are going with Chapel Hill.  It looks great and we really wanted a Christian based preschool.  Looking forward to getting settled in pretty soon...

Lmb309
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM

It's a good choice. Little Lambs, In His Hands and Bubble Poppers are all also Christian based if it doesn't work out. Good luck!

MrsMoeKat
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Molly, Hope your move goes well. Gig Harbor is a beautiful place to move to. Where are you coming from? 

Mollyr21
by New Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

We are coming from Seattle.  Still house hunting in GH, so we will have to find a rental until we find a house to buy.  We will be out of our house June 4 here and hopefully have something set up there soon!

MrsMoeKat
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Good luck with your house search. 

keeler_s
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Not sure if you found a ps yet,
My kids went to Vaughn and I loved it there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN