Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to The Potty Training Support Group! Introduce Yourself.....

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM
  • 682 Replies

wave

Welcome to the Potty Training Support Group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms and sharing advice and support on potty training! 

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in!  Feel free to start posts and reply to posts - ask questions, share your thoughts, advice and support. 

Step 3:  Invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend.  To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Check out this post to get started:
Potty Training 101 - Share your best tips!

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here: 
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?  

To share a little more about yourself, add your special days to our group calendar:
Click here to add your Birthday and Anniversary to our Group Calendar!

To add a Potty Training Support group signature to your posts, click here:
Signatures for the Potty Training Support group! 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

We hope you'll introduce yourself:)

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Robin, Amy and the Potty Training Support Group Mods:
lukesmyboy, pinkm143, bhwrn1, RobynS, Godspitgrl, LovesFredric

Join us on  The Potty Training Support Group!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angel11111
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa and I have two wonderful boys ages 2.5 years and 6 months. My 2.5 year old is fully potty trained for pee, poop, and night time it tooks us about 4 months to become fully trained but that was my fault for trying to use pull ups. Below I will post what we did and if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Here is what we did my DS is 2 1/2 and we have him fully potty trained it took us 4 months but we got it done he is pee, poop, and night trained. We got rid of the diapers period! It took us 4 months becuase we kept putting him in pull ups and he just thought of them as diapers so we starting just putting him in underware and once we went stright to underware he was pee trained in a week, when he has to pee and he can't get there by himself he will say mama pee or dada pee, if he has to poop he will say poop and he is also behind on his speech but he was able to pick up these words pretty easily. At first we where still putting him in pull ups for bed time but we decided that we did not want to keep wasting money on them so we cut him off of drinking at 7 (his bed time is 830) and before bed we put him on the toilet to poop and pee and then brush his teeth then he goes to bed and he wakes up dry every morning. You can try the three day method but I chose to do it my own way and it worked almost like the three day but it took a couple weeks instead of 3 days.

ConfusedMom1234
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hi Everyone!

My name is Val and I have two sons.  Ages 2 and 3.  I am trying to potty train the 3 year old and have hit a road block and need help!  Hoping to get and give advice here!

Look forward to chatting with you ladies!

ca26sa23
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hi my name is Colleem. I am a sahm. I have 5 kids. My youngest is 4 his name is Connor. I have  a BIG problem!!! I cannot get this kid to go on the potty!! It is embassing. I couldn't even send him to preschool because of this. I've tried everything!!! Charts, prizes, bribes, putting him in underwear( he dont care wont pee all day then pees in pants)) Im out of ideas and really need help. Anyone else out there have this problem? I do have a appt at drs just to make sure nothing is wrong.

sunnymommy122
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Quoting ca26sa23:

Hi my name is Colleem. I am a sahm. I have 5 kids. My youngest is 4 his name is Connor. I have  a BIG problem!!! I cannot get this kid to go on the potty!! It is embassing. I couldn't even send him to preschool because of this. I've tried everything!!! Charts, prizes, bribes, putting him in underwear( he dont care wont pee all day then pees in pants)) Im out of ideas and really need help. Anyone else out there have this problem? I do have a appt at drs just to make sure nothing is wrong.

Hi Colleem,

Once you find out if anything is wrong let us know.  If nothing is wrong then I hope we can help you here!

Thanks!

sunnymommy122
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

Please look around and read the advice and tips listed.  I hope something can help you! 

I trained my son with the 3 day potty training method. 

:)

Quoting ConfusedMom1234:

Hi Everyone!

My name is Val and I have two sons.  Ages 2 and 3.  I am trying to potty train the 3 year old and have hit a road block and need help!  Hoping to get and give advice here!

Look forward to chatting with you ladies!

sunnymommy122
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I trained my son with the 3 day potty training method, too.

:)

Quoting angel11111:

Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa and I have two wonderful boys ages 2.5 years and 6 months. My 2.5 year old is fully potty trained for pee, poop, and night time it tooks us about 4 months to become fully trained but that was my fault for trying to use pull ups. Below I will post what we did and if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Here is what we did my DS is 2 1/2 and we have him fully potty trained it took us 4 months but we got it done he is pee, poop, and night trained. We got rid of the diapers period! It took us 4 months becuase we kept putting him in pull ups and he just thought of them as diapers so we starting just putting him in underware and once we went stright to underware he was pee trained in a week, when he has to pee and he can't get there by himself he will say mama pee or dada pee, if he has to poop he will say poop and he is also behind on his speech but he was able to pick up these words pretty easily. At first we where still putting him in pull ups for bed time but we decided that we did not want to keep wasting money on them so we cut him off of drinking at 7 (his bed time is 830) and before bed we put him on the toilet to poop and pee and then brush his teeth then he goes to bed and he wakes up dry every morning. You can try the three day method but I chose to do it my own way and it worked almost like the three day but it took a couple weeks instead of 3 days.

Emily197
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM

hi everyone,

my name is Emily im a mother of two a boy and a girl. mmmy little boy is August hes the one we are potty training we have just started with him so i hope it goes good

ca26sa23
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 5:01 PM

oops I spelled my name wrong!! Colleen

I went to dr today she said nothing is wrong I just have to not put a pull up on him and let him run around house naked or in underpants(which he freaks out about) she said after 3 days he should be going on potty???

sunnymommy122
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I thought, what a unique name you have! ;) 

Well, I am glad to hear that everything is okay with your son!  I used the 3 day method with my son and it worked great!  I actually got an e-book by Lora Jensen and it told me step by step how to do everything. 

Good luck!  :)

Quoting ca26sa23:

oops I spelled my name wrong!! Colleen

I went to dr today she said nothing is wrong I just have to not put a pull up on him and let him run around house naked or in underpants(which he freaks out about) she said after 3 days he should be going on potty???

sunnymommy122
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Hi Emily!

Welcome and good luck!! :)

Quoting Emily197:

hi everyone,

my name is Emily im a mother of two a boy and a girl. mmmy little boy is August hes the one we are potty training we have just started with him so i hope it goes good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)