Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Potty Training 101 - 3 day method and more!

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is a post for us to give advice to Moms who are potty training or getting ready to potty train.

Please share your best potty training tips!

fingers crossed

• See the replies below for tips on potty training.  Share your tips, too
  • Please feel free to start your own post on the group!
  • You may also want to see the tips listed here:  Potty Training tips!
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
bhwrn1
by on May. 16, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Why don't you make a post in the main forum so you can get lots of input. What have you done so far to help him along?

Quoting Mom0413:

Hello, I saw your post. I am having a hard time trying to potty train my 2 year old DS. Is there any advice/help you can give me so I can get my DS potty trained as fast as you got your DS potty trained? I need all the help with this that I can get.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Anyone else have some good tips???

kodasmommie022
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 1:49 PM

i have been potty training on and off for awehile now and koda wil use the potty sometimes but never for me. i still have him in pull ups and was wondering aboout switching him..any tips to make the transition easier?

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 29, 2011 at 6:31 PM

How old is he? Have you tried naked from the waist down? or underwear? Does he use the regular toilet or a potty chair? Have you tried rewards? How about a timer?

Quoting kodasmommie022:

i have been potty training on and off for awehile now and koda wil use the potty sometimes but never for me. i still have him in pull ups and was wondering aboout switching him..any tips to make the transition easier?

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

JonsBabyGirl
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Okay I spoke with a lady yesterday that has 5 boys I was hoping she know a secert to pottying boys. Mine just turned 3 and has been working on potty training a few months before he was 2 years old. Things are okay in the peeing area but he wont go for daddy. And for pooping forget no luck. Well the lady I spoke with said she just let hers run away nake. So thats what I did today with my son and so far he has pee in the toilet twice without me having to ask...yay! hopefully he will do the same when he needs to poop we will see.

LovesFredric
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM
Yay!i totally believe i the naked method too :-)

Quoting JonsBabyGirl:

Okay I spoke with a lady yesterday that has 5 boys I was hoping she know a secert to pottying boys. Mine just turned 3 and has been working on potty training a few months before he was 2 years old. Things are okay in the peeing area but he wont go for daddy. And for pooping forget no luck. Well the lady I spoke with said she just let hers run away nake. So thats what I did today with my son and so far he has pee in the toilet twice without me having to ask...yay! hopefully he will do the same when he needs to poop we will see.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Yay, great news! Sounds like that's the way to go with him!

Quoting JonsBabyGirl:

Lilypie

Samie8183
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM

On my goodnees!  This place ROCKS!  I'll be implementing some of tips ASAP!   I can't wait to get started now :)

mommygiggles317
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I'm ready to start potty training my son. He's two years old and I think he's ready!! I want to thank everyone for sharing your experiences... I have no one around me to help me with these things.

spainsblueangel
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Really need to get Hubby on the same page with me! he doesn't want my son to have accidents in the undies so he made me put Pull ups on him!.....I'm going to try the 3 day method when hes at work :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN