Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty traing with targets ?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:26 AM
  • 9 Replies
http://www.pottytrainingconcepts.com/potty-training-targets.html

Have you used them? Would you? To save money would you use the same idea but with cheerios?

I'm a cloth diapering, breast-feeding, baby-wearing, non-vacsing, church going, health food eating mommy of two, almost three.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sunnymommy122
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM

My son still sits on the potty to go pee...but, when the times comes to train him to stand up I am going to use cherrios or fruit loops.  :) 

lukesmyboy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I have heard of them. I personally have never used them.

RobynS
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

We were talking at the gym yesterday about buying some to put in the urinals of the men's locker room. I work in the playroom (thank goodness), but the gals who have to clean the men's locker room talk about how grown men can't seem to get it in the urinal!!

RobynS
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

We never used them with DS, though. And next I'll be training a girl.

lukesmyboy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM

HAHAHA

Quoting RobynS:

We were talking at the gym yesterday about buying some to put in the urinals of the men's locker room. I work in the playroom (thank goodness), but the gals who have to clean the men's locker room talk about how grown men can't seem to get it in the urinal!!

erinbills
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM

I have heard of people using fruit loops or cheerios, but we didn't use them with our oldest. He is almost 5 and could use better aim maybe we will try them. 

mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I have seen them and think they are neat. I have been told that with an uncircumsized boy though its easier to teach them to sit at first. (my son, I dunno about yours) At work we used to put a little food coloring in the potty and ask them to change it colors. Usuallu we put in blue and asked them to try and chage it to green

pinkm143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:05 PM

We never used anything.. we just had him sit until he was talk enough to stand and then didn't have any misses.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM

I never used the target method. my kids learned sitting down and then when they were ready, they stood with daddy to learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)