Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Before Age 2

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

How do you feel about it? I read that they become more headstrong at age 2 and so it's actually easier if you train them early.

Thoughts?

its a girlbaby girlgirl on a swingtwin girlstoddler girl

—> Have girls? <—

Post here for a chance to win a CM t-shirt!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
RobynS
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I tried with DD when she was 22 months, but, alas, she was BORN headstrong! She is speaking in sentences and is sharp as a tack, but still, I don't think she was ready. I don't think she was in tune with that feeling you get when you need to go, y'know?

lil_ferfer
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM
i waited till mine turned 2. i read in a million different places if You start to early they will lose interest and not want to and it could actually get harder. i know that ain't every ones case but i didn't wanna take that chance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lukesmyboy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I take my kids potty from birth. It has always just been a part of their life so its nothing new I need to teach or train. They are not independent for a while but with the style we choose the headstrong toddler part looks like a 2 year old insisting on pulling their pants down by themselves to potty not resisting to potty at all. I fully believe in introducing the potty long before age 2.

Godspitgrl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I think it depends on the child. My son was not ready for it at 2. My daughter was trained at 18 months. So.....

pinkm143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I potty trained BOTH my son and daughter before age two.  After our 3 days I can count on one hand the amount of accidents each had.  I'm not sure the age matters so much as does doing it as soon as they are ready.  Many parents miss the early signs and then wait too long which is why it's harder to potty train older kids.  When you miss the signs then child is used to going in their diaper and doesn't want to change.  As soon as the signs were there I jumped on it and it was super easy!

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:22 PM

i could never have trained my kids before 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)