Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 2!! Still no peeing in potty!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

Well it's day 2 of potty training!! Yesterday he peed in his pants like 4 times o on the potty. I sit him on the potty and sit with him and read books sing songs nothing!!! So this morning hes back in underpants. Tried this am to get him to go on potty.....nothing! Ten minutes later he peed in his pants. I just tried again after watching potty videos he screamed and cried....but no pee!! This is sooooooHARD!! I need help and PATIENCE!!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM

We will do it together! This is day 2 for me too. I am letting my son run around naked. Yesterday he walked over to the potty, sat down, did nothing, stood up, and peed on the floor. He then ran and got a towel to clean it up!

lukesmyboy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM

When he went in his pants what did you do?

Hang in there mama! try not to get frustrated. Is he normally in disposible diapers? Each time he pees out of the diaper you are saving money and he is learning what it feels like to freely pee!!!

ca26sa23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Ok that sounds good! I could use the support!! My son peed all over the kitchen floor this morning!!!!!

ca26sa23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Yes he was in pull ups. Thats very true....but I'm doing extra wash lol!!! I just feel like hell never pee in the potty!!!

[link=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
[img noborder]http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/2qnylllt.png[/img]
[/link]

mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I am gonna be doing extra wash. I would take him out of the pull ups and put him in regular underware. Alot of kids dont like the feeling of their wet clothes on them. A pull up draws the moisture away from the body like a diaper does so they dont know to be uncomfortable. That was a rule in our classroom. Once were really potty training NO DIAPERS OR PULL UPS. The only time we put it on was at nap and that was so we werent sending sheets home daily and bleeching the mats daily

Quoting ca26sa23:

Yes he was in pull ups. Thats very true....but I'm doing extra wash lol!!! I just feel like hell never pee in the potty!!!

lukesmyboy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM

We use cloth so to me it didnt matter if I was washing a diaper or washing clothes. A few wet pants wont make the laundry load much more :)

ca26sa23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM

YOU ARE RIGHT !! WITH THE LAUNDRY I ALREADY HAVE IT DONT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE. NO MORE PULL UPS FOR US ONLY AT NIGHT!

Godspitgrl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM

GL with it all. I know it can be mentally and sometimes physically exhausting. Remember let him lead and it will help cut down the frustration some.

pinkm143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Let him go naked!  My son didn't get the pee thing the first few times until he actually saw it come out on the floor.. then he was all about the potty!  Buy some potty training pads for him to sit on, when he's on the couch.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:18 PM

you have support here, so that's great. Do you praise him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)