Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We began potty training!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

I started potty training my 2 year old yesterday! He spent most of the day dry, only wet in the morning and after nap! He ran around naked most of the day and is doing so today too! Last night he ALMOST made it on the potty! He stood up and said he was done then peed on the floor. He got a towel and cleaned it up then put it in the washer! It was really cute! Im due with baby number 4 August 21 so hopefully by then were out of diapers except at bed time!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lukesmyboy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Exciting!!! Sounds like you both are excited and motivated! Good luck!

ca26sa23
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I wish u luck. My son is four!! I feel like a failure!! I dont kno why he is having such a hard time?? All my other kids were late to go on the potty but not this late!! I can't figure it out he is such a smart kid he can even ride a 2wheeler with no training wheels since last summer!!!! But he wont go on potty??? Hes in underwear for two days now except at night. He keeps peeing in them but Im not giving up. This has to be done!!!!!

mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Im really motivated! I dont want 3 in diapers! He has been wanting to wear his boxers for a while. We went to the store and I let him pick out whatever he wanted and he saw this package of little boxer briefs and he grabbed them and said LIKE DADDY! So we bought them! Honestly I am ready for all 4 to be out of diapers lol! I hate the stupid things, my life revolves around them. 

mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Your not a failure. Boys train later then boys. We were supposed to have kids fully trained in my classroom before they were allowed to move up. We got so backed up they started moving kids up without being trained and the next room was mad. It happens I think for a girl average is between 2 and 3 and for a boy its between 2 and 4. Im not sure though so dont quote me. Ill look it up.

Quoting ca26sa23:

I wish u luck. My son is four!! I feel like a failure!! I dont kno why he is having such a hard time?? All my other kids were late to go on the potty but not this late!! I can't figure it out he is such a smart kid he can even ride a 2wheeler with no training wheels since last summer!!!! But he wont go on potty??? Hes in underwear for two days now except at night. He keeps peeing in them but Im not giving up. This has to be done!!!!!

mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM

HE JUST WENT POTTY AS I WAS TYPING SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!! I havent had him in a diaper since 8 in the morning and its now 11 and he has not had an accident and went in the potty!!!!! Im so excited. Now if I could only figure out where daddy put the stupid push pins and stickers so we can hang the chart up on the wall!

Godspitgrl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM

GL sounds like he is on a good track. I hope that he keeps it up. 

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Awww...sounds like he's doing great. keep up the good work!

sunnymommy122
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:40 AM

WOW!  That is great that he cleaned his mess up himself!  Sounds like things are going well.  Good luck to you!  and congrats on baby #4! 

you rock

sunnymommy122
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM

Yeah, don't give up!  :)  He is wearing his underwear and that is progress.  Remember just a few days ago he was screaming when he was wearing the underwear, right?  Every child is different.  Just stay positive and it will happen!  When he starts to pee do you rush him to the potty and give him praise?  Tell him he needs to keep them dry.  Encourage him to keep them dry.  I am sure once he gets it in the potty and you get all excited about it he will get excited, too.  Watch for when he is going to go and get him to that potty. 

It's going to happen soon!  :)

Quoting ca26sa23:

mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Thank you. I had to put him back in a diaper last night because he got diahrreah. I tried letting him run without the diaper for a little bit and he pooped on my floor and put it on the wall. I didnt know he had it until he dragged my daughter into his room the first time he pooped on the floor. We will see how his tummy is feeling today and decide if he can be out of the diaper. I might pack up the kids and go get some pull ups (and I dont believe in them typically) so that its easier for him to pull up and down to go potty but there is still somewhere for the poop to go. We cant find the stickers anyway so I need to get more. Just not sure I want to take all 3 out today. Its supposed to snow.

Quoting sunnymommy122:

WOW!  That is great that he cleaned his mess up himself!  Sounds like things are going well.  Good luck to you!  and congrats on baby #4! 

you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)