Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Foods that make you pee more!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

Fruits

• Fruits such as lemons, cranberries, melons and watermelon can cause frequent urination. Although cranberry juice is good for the urinary tract, it does increase urine. Watermelon has a lot of juice and although it is tasty, if you eat enough of it, you can experience a need to use the restroom more. Lemons have a high vitamin C level as do oranges.
  • Vegetables

• Although you know that vegetables are good for you, some of the vegetables will cause frequent urination in men and women. Celery, cabbage, eggplant, asparagus and cucumbers are included in this list of foods.

• Are there any foods that you notice make your kids pee more? Do you aviod those foods or just keep closer to the potty when your child has them?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-5):
    lukesmyboy
    by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:56 PM

I know my daughter will always pee tons when she has watermellon or lemonaid. I have to be on her when she has either or she will surly have an accident, its like her need to pee comes so sudden when she has them. I havent noticed this with my little guy but he is not eating muh solids yet.

bhwrn1
    by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:03 AM

water! LOL!

bhwrn1
    by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:03 AM

caffeine like coffee and soda

bhwrn1
    by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:04 AM

definitely cabbage as mentioned..and asparagus, or does that just make your pee smell?

Godspitgrl
    by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Very interesting. I would have guessed watermelon but I dont think the rest I would have.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)