Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son was perfectly trained...for a month. Help!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM
  • 7 Replies

OK I know this PT thing will take a long time.  I am just upset.  My son PTed perfectly for at least a month. He told me when he had to go all day long.  THen he had an accident in his pullup.  He told us he had to pee and we didnt make it to the bathroom in time.  He looked upset when it happened for a second and like always i said "you had an accident, its ok.  Next time you will get it" and since then its like he forgot he had an option.  He now barely tells me.  I got the stick chart back out and lots of praise.  Is that all I can do?  Just keep supporting him and waiting for him to tell me again?  Hes only 2.5 but very aware and remembers everything. 

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LovesFredric
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Can you do without the pullups & try reminding him it's time to go often? Maybe try another reward to peak his interest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Godspitgrl
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM
Not to be critIcal (I'm tired and very pregnant so don't want to come across wrong lol) but maybe it's the fact that he had a pull up on. If he was going great why did he have the pull up on? I say this cause he wets his pull up and he can't feel the wet and so to him what's the problem. If that makes sense. I would try putting underwear on him nd let him get used to being wet again and not liking it.
RobynS
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I would lose the pull-ups and just do underwear. That's what I did with my DS at that same age. Worked like a charm!

pinkm143
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM

LIke all of the others said lose the pull up :-).  Also maybe he needs a day without underwear to remember what it feels like when he needs to pee.  Then go back to just underwear after taht day.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I would lose the pullups all together. Take him to pick out big boy underwear and get a timer. Set the timer every 30 minutes and take him consistently, especially after fluids.

sunnymommy122
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM

I agree with everyone else...ditch the pull ups.  Kids learn that they can go just fine in a pull up.  It's sounds like he is reverting. 

zebbyzebby06
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM
My dd is 2.5 and isnt trained....we are trying but she never tells us she has to go...usually after she goes she tells us. Gl momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)