Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG She needs to use the toilet

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:38 AM
  • 37 Replies

My three year old is still not potty trained, and well, i know all kids progress at different rates but I'm worried because she wont go #2 on the toilet! She only goes in her pull up so now she has really bad diaper rash! It makes me really sad to see her going through this but we're doing all we can by changing her regularly and making sure she has rash ointment on but it's just not getting better. We tell her that its because she doesnt go on the potty and it sits in there making owies but she just doesnt get it. I dont know what to do 1) to make her butt better and 2) to get her to go on the potty.

Any advice is welcome and greatly appriciated! Thanks Ladies!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:42 AM

I had to schedule my kids to go poop. Same time every single day (sometimes twice). Then I rewarded them for going.

Does she hold it in or seem to have trouble with it?

Militarywife07
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:45 AM

Honey I feel your pain . My son is turning three july 1st and has  verry little intrest in potty training..  When ever I ask him if he wants to be a big boy and go to the potty he says no "I the baby".. As for your little girl's diaper rash ask you doctor for something called " Tripple butt paste" It's a steroid diaper rash cream that works wonders. It healed every rash my kids got even the really really bad ones. So try that . As for getting her to poo poo in the potty I have no idea. If I did my son would be potty trained lol... I feel your frustration. I've tried everything with my son and no dice. He just does not want to go in the potty #1 or #2

LovesFredric
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:22 AM
That is frustrating! Can she go pull up free to help her bottom dry & heal...& maybe help get realize when she's going?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunnymommy122
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:59 AM

This...  When I trained my DS I put him in underwear.  A lot of moms here had their child naked from the waist down.  Letting her go naked will definitely help her bum feel better.  I am sorry she is going through that!

I used Lora Jensen's 3 day method. 

Quoting LovesFredric:

That is frustrating! Can she go pull up free to help her bottom dry & heal...& maybe help get realize when she's going?

cookinwfire_04
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM

bhwrn1: I've tried rewarding her and she says she wants it but i tell her she can't have it till she goes and she just wont go. She doesnt care enough. She will hold in he #2 so that she doesnt go in her diaper but then she makes her tummy hurt.

Military wife: We've been doing it all wrong, cream on her butt all the time, appartently thats now how its supposed to be and starting today is a new effort on healing her behind.

lovesfredric: since it all started we've had her in her pull up all the time. after doing a little research i now know that's not a good thing.

Soo.... My research says everything i've been doing is wrong, basically. Im supposed to have the diaper off as much as possible and I've had it on all the time. It says not to put cream on open skin and i've been putting it all over. it said the wipes i've been using could be stinging her wounds every time i use them, which is sometimes 3-5 times a day.

Givin the new info. I will be revamping my diaper rash treatment efforts and starting over. We'll see how it goes!

taliyahmommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:33 PM

It sounds like she might have a yeast infection. My daughter gets that when her poop stays on her for 5 minutes or more. Try monistat or let the Pedia prescribe something for her.

pinkm143
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Like others said no pull up would help both problems.  I would get her some long shirts or dresses and let her go naked underneath for a few days.  This should also help her to use the potty instead of pooping in something. :-)

armywife1229
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

We're batling a bad rash with my non-potty training child. Its horrible. Nothing is working so now she's on prescription strength topical and oral stuff. 

But, I think that the thicker the pants, the more kids think they are diapers and the go in them. 

lukesmyboy
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Im sorry you are having such a hard time. I would talk to her and tell her she needs to go potty on the toilet so she wont get a rash. My daughter is almost 3 and would understand that. Ditch the diapers and work with her paitently. Is she on a probiotic?

sunnymommy122
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Good luck and keep us posted okay?  :)

Quoting cookinwfire_04:

bhwrn1: I've tried rewarding her and she says she wants it but i tell her she can't have it till she goes and she just wont go. She doesnt care enough. She will hold in he #2 so that she doesnt go in her diaper but then she makes her tummy hurt.

Military wife: We've been doing it all wrong, cream on her butt all the time, appartently thats now how its supposed to be and starting today is a new effort on healing her behind.

lovesfredric: since it all started we've had her in her pull up all the time. after doing a little research i now know that's not a good thing.

Soo.... My research says everything i've been doing is wrong, basically. Im supposed to have the diaper off as much as possible and I've had it on all the time. It says not to put cream on open skin and i've been putting it all over. it said the wipes i've been using could be stinging her wounds every time i use them, which is sometimes 3-5 times a day.

Givin the new info. I will be revamping my diaper rash treatment efforts and starting over. We'll see how it goes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)