Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Handling accidents?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

So how do you handle the accidents? I seem to have a phobia for pee-soaked couches and rugs, which is what is preventing me from taking the plunge into putting him in full-time underwear.  I know I need to get over that.  What's the best way to clean up rugs and furniture? 

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
pinkm143
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Have him sit on the floor or get a pillow that he can sit on that can be washed.  To clean up carpet pee stains I use pet pee cleaner.  I know some people also get puppy pads or something like that to put under then when they are sitting.

LovesFredric
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:24 PM
I put towels on the couch. We don't have carpet so I haver dealt with that part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I bought an organic carpet cleaner since I also have a 1 year old. I have pretty much decided I will need to get these carpets professionally cleaned before we move out in 3 years, as I'll be potty training two here. But, that is worth it to me. 

He knows he is not allowed to sit on mommy's couch while he is wearing undies.

bhwrn1
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 5:53 AM

Take him to the bathroom often. This will prevent accidents from happening. I agree with lining the carpet or couch with something to help you out with not having to clean the pee. And I, too, have pet pee stain cleaner in my house.

sunnymommy122
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM

For some reason, my son never had an accident on our couch...I hear a lot of moms worrying about this.  Maybe it's the method I used... 

I used Folex for any accidents that did happen, but a pet cleaner is good, too.  The method that I used accidents were inevitable, but they were not as bad as I imagined. 

During the process to, be prepared for them.  I had the bottle of folex and some rags within our reach, but out of the reach of our children.  My DH was there, too.  I would rush my son to the potty and he would clean up! :)

Good luck! :)

pinkm143
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I had two accidents total with my first a like 3 or 4 with my second!  Each accident they were standing up :-)

Quoting sunnymommy122:

For some reason, my son never had an accident on our couch...I hear a lot of moms worrying about this.  Maybe it's the method I used... 

I used Folex for any accidents that did happen, but a pet cleaner is good, too.  The method that I used accidents were inevitable, but they were not as bad as I imagined. 

During the process to, be prepared for them.  I had the bottle of folex and some rags within our reach, but out of the reach of our children.  My DH was there, too.  I would rush my son to the potty and he would clean up! :)

Good luck! :)

lukesmyboy
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 10:59 AM

We have hardwood floors and leather couches so its not a problem to clean up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)