Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!! Any advice would be great!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have a 4 y/o that is fully trained during the day but every night it is the same old story, he is soaking wet! I stop giving drinks around 6:30 bedtime is 8:00, he goes pee before bed and i wake him around 10 and he is already wet, i change him wake him around 12 again he is wet change him again and in the morning  he is always wet. He throws massive fit every time i wake at night that i can not handle waking him more than twice a night. Any suggestions??

Also i have a 2 y/o who will be 3 in a couple of weeks and he will not use the potty at all! He insist he is a baby, he always wants to be fed, held and wants to wear his diaper. I have told him he can't go to preschool in a diaper and he says he does not want to go. I have tried putting him in undies and every time is a failure. Any suggestions for this?

bouncingCarla VanBuren

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LovesFredric
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 9:00 AM
Have you talked to your dr about your 4th old? Maybe just keep him on a diaper/pullup overnight for a while longer? There was just a good article about night time training posted here yesterday I think.

For the 2 yr old you could try the 3 day method or just get rid of his diapers. Does he like stickers or candy for incentives? We even used toys to get our son on board at first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkm143
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I would talk to your 4 yo doctor.  If you are limiting liquids and all that then it seems like he is going pee a lot.  Like Amanda said it might just be best to let him stay in a diaper/pull up at night for a while.

I also really like a 3 day method.  If 2 yo is ready go for it. :-)

CarVan
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Where can i get info on the 3 day method?

Godspitgrl
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Maybe the thought of going to school is what is keeping your 2/3 yro from wanting to potty. Sme children are scarred of the thought of going to school and leaving mom, dad, grandma, who ever it is that watches them in the day and meet new kids, new adults, and be in a new place. Maybe make it more about if you go potty this weekend or thursday and Friday then Saturday we will go to the park, Chuck E Cheese, or something like that. Sme places he likes to go and might not have a fear of.

Wth your older one I have to ask one how many cups is he getting a day? Maybe he has to much in put in the day and can't void it all during his wake time. Another thought is push back the last drink either at 6 (this works best for us with an 8pm bedtime) or at dinner. If he is still having trouble after cutting the time back, making sure he is not drinking to much, and such then I would take to your dr. Children with type one diabetes go to the bathroom more than other children (there could be other things causing it but somhtin to think about) and so I would differently let yur dr know about his high voiding.
bhwrn1
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Keep in mind that night time training can take longer than people anticipate. It is not uncommon for kids to wet the bed up until age 7.

CarVan
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 7:32 PM

my oldest drinks 3 cups of milk, 2 cups of juice and a cup of water throughout the day. I am going to try cutting out a cup of juice and limiting drinks to 6:00.

Yes, i know my little one does not want to go to school so we have tried the reward system and that didn't seem to work either.

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Maybe the thought of going to school is what is keeping your 2/3 yro from wanting to potty. Sme children are scarred of the thought of going to school and leaving mom, dad, grandma, who ever it is that watches them in the day and meet new kids, new adults, and be in a new place. Maybe make it more about if you go potty this weekend or thursday and Friday then Saturday we will go to the park, Chuck E Cheese, or something like that. Sme places he likes to go and might not have a fear of.

Wth your older one I have to ask one how many cups is he getting a day? Maybe he has to much in put in the day and can't void it all during his wake time. Another thought is push back the last drink either at 6 (this works best for us with an 8pm bedtime) or at dinner. If he is still having trouble after cutting the time back, making sure he is not drinking to much, and such then I would take to your dr. Children with type one diabetes go to the bathroom more than other children (there could be other things causing it but somhtin to think about) and so I would differently let yur dr know about his high voiding.

bouncingCarla VanBuren

pinkm143
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 9:05 AM

There are several posts on here about the 3 day method, or methods. 

Quoting CarVan:

Where can i get info on the 3 day method?

lukesmyboy
by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 10:57 AM

can you take him and not really wake him? With my daughter I just hold her, keep the lights off and she will go potty and never really wake?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)