• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How we did it

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:19 AM
  • 4 Replies

I just thought I'd share how I potty trained my DD.  We wanted to wait until she was around to start trying.  We got her a potty and immediately sat her on it.  Of course she proceeded to get scared and cry.  So instead of trying to get her to pee on it we would have her come and sit on it while I went to the bathroom and we'd cheer for mommy being a big girl.  6 months later a friend of mine forwarded me the 3 day potty training method.  It is very intense but it worked!!!We didn't follow it perfectly but we chose specific stuff we wanted to try out of it. 

I decided on a week when my DH would be working and I could be at home all day with her.  I locked all my doors, turned off my cell, and posted on my FB that I was not going to be available until further notice.  I put my DD in panties and a t-shirt and she helped me throw away her diapers.  We talked about what we were going to do and she was very excited.  We spent each day together and I gave her 100% of my attention.  When she started to dribble I would run her to the bathroom and sit her on the potty.  This was teaching her to recognize the sensation as opposed to "bladder training".  It worked fantastically!!!!  The first couple of days were super frustrating.  She would pee on the floor, pee outside, poop everywhere, you name it she did it.  I was so frustrated and then on day 3 she ran in and said, "MOMMY! I DID IT!!!" I ran into the bathroom and sure enough, she peed in her potty.  We continued using pull ups at night and at nap time because when we tried to not use it she got super embarassed and upset.  We kept the pull ups for about 3 more months and eventually she quit having night time accidents. 

It certainly did not take 3 days...it was more like 7 days but it did work!  She still has an accident once in a great while but its very rare!

I am a married, student nurse, vaccinating, public schooling, non-smoking, Evangelical Presbyterian, pro-life, gluten-free, dog owning, mom and stepmom. And its OK if you don't agree because I'll just pray for you!

happy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Wonderful!  Congrats to both of you.  :)

LovesFredric
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Awesome! Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing your method & success!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ctfirsttimemom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM

thats great!!! 

Godspitgrl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:03 PM
That's great yay for your lil one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)