Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chair to seat transition?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
When should I transfer my daughter from a potty chair to a potty seat? She will be 3 in july. Shes been using the chair regularly for 3 days so I think she has the hang of it,but it will probably make it easier to just use the seat now....opinions?
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Godspitgrl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM
I would let her lead you on that personally. Ler her go with you and sch so she knows that's also what the toilet is for but I think sheis doing gret to use the seat.
LovesFredric
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:36 PM
I let my son phase it out in his own. 3 days is awesome, but its still new to her. No harm in letting her try it out & use both (whichever she likes best) Congrats on the success!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherSumowski
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:38 PM

DD got a little too tall (surprisingly) for her potty chair so we transitioned shortly after her 3rd birthday. 

I am a married, student nurse, vaccinating, public schooling, non-smoking, Evangelical Presbyterian, pro-life, gluten-free, dog owning, mom and stepmom. And its OK if you don't agree because I'll just pray for you!

happy

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
lukesmyboy
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM
Do you have a potty insert for the toilet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkm143
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM

I just let mine kind of switch over from teh potty seat to the insert.  well with my second we never had a little seat.

chesswoman
by on May. 22, 2011 at 2:24 PM

by seat, I meant insert! I will just leave it on the toilet when no adults are using it....along with a stool and leave her potty chair in there and let her watch me use the big potty and she can transition when ready...

When should she be night trained? I bought a waterproof matress pad today for her....Should I leave her in diapers at night??she wears underwear during the day.

bhwrn1
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:47 PM

I would take her cue. My kids didn't like the potty, so they used the big toilet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)