• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

I thought we where done potty training our 2yr DD. She chose to start earlier than we expected to by taking off her diaper and putting on her big sisters panties (Big sis is 4yr). We where pull-up and diaper free for the last 4mo, then she got really sick right before her birthday (May 4th). We didn't have any issues while she was sick, but since then it is like we are back at square one! I was so exited to be done training her, she was even taking her self in to go potty. I thought I could enjoy the last part of my pregnancy (due in July) with out having to stress her potty needs...I am having to do her laundry every day, which is not easy on me right now. And it's not like she starts to dribble, stops and goes in. No she floods every single time. IDK how her little body even holds that much liquid, I know mine doesn't. And she is going twice an hour. We are pulling our hair out.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovesFredric
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:11 PM
What did you do with her in the beginning that worked? Go back to square one. Try a bare bum for a while to see if that increases her awareness & helps you catch her. I'm sorry...but hopefully shell catch on quickly again since she was doing so well before!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I agree with Amanda, I would go back to doing what you did when you trained. Sometimes they need a little kick start. Also, let her know that you know she knows where it is supposed to go, etc. Put the control in her court.

amonkeymom
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 8:33 PM

If she's going twice an hour, are you sure she isn't fighting a bladder infection or something?  Perhaps you should have her doctor check her just in case and see if there's something going on.

Raine2007
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I thought about that. I think part of it is that we went from having cold weather to very hot, so she is drinking so much more liquid than she was.

Quoting amonkeymom:

If she's going twice an hour, are you sure she isn't fighting a bladder infection or something?  Perhaps you should have her doctor check her just in case and see if there's something going on.

Raine2007
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM

We really have gone back to reminding her and I make her "clean" the mess. The fact that she has no issues telling us while we are out of the house just adds to the frustration.

BayBay2886
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Maybe she just gets to busy playing at home to think about it. Try taking her every half hour. Give a small reward when she goes. My DD gets 1 m&m. You could put her reward on a table that she can see but not reach as a constant reminder. Hope you get her back on track. Good luck
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Baylley has some great ideas here!

Quoting BayBay2886:

Maybe she just gets to busy playing at home to think about it. Try taking her every half hour. Give a small reward when she goes. My DD gets 1 m&m. You could put her reward on a table that she can see but not reach as a constant reminder. Hope you get her back on track. Good luck

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

pinkm143
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Ditto!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Baylley has some great ideas here!

Quoting BayBay2886:

Godspitgrl
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 5:30 PM

What was she sick with? Did she have diahrea during this time? 

Godspitgrl
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM

How much more is she drinking? Not to be the DebbieDowner and make you think bad things but I would try and think about her intake and outtake and see if you think she is doing more than she takes in. Peeing more frequently is a symptom also of diabetes so if the frequet urination keeps up I would take her to the DR and see if it is a bladder infection (def the most wanted of the two) or something else. 

Quoting Raine2007:

I thought about that. I think part of it is that we went from having cold weather to very hot, so she is drinking so much more liquid than she was.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)