Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

serious backsliding!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

my DS 2 1/2 was having some real progress! he was rarely having pee accidents and had even pooped in the potty on purpose 3x! and now he pees constantly! He will pee on the potty if I tell him to go, but a few minutes later he will pee again! He stopped telling me he had to go! he's peeing all over my house! and he's pooping in his pants. but he'll do a little, and tell me he pooped and we'll clean him up... then he will wait half an hour or so and poop some more... and the pattern repeats until he's done pooping. I think that he knows he should poop on the potty and wills it to stop but is freaked to go on the potty and doesn't finish!

what do I do??? I'm so frustrated with cleaning up the pee from the carpet and chairs and every where else in the house!

He BEGS to wear his undies but then will blow through 3-4 pairs in an hour with accidents!! help me!

pregnancy due date

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LovesFredric
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM

start over with what you were doing in the beginning.  if he wants his undies so bad....use them as a reward.  keep him bare bum & tell him when he uses the potty he can wear his underwear....or devise a system like that. :) hang in there!!!

Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Have you started getting your house ready for the new baby? Or maybe something else has changed in the family? It could be he feels the change band he knows he has no control over it so he is trying to control something he can. I would try talking to him and spending time with him.
MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Haven't started getting ready but a lot of people are talking about her a lot and I've finally started really showing. Maybe that's it?

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Have you started getting your house ready for the new baby? Or maybe something else has changed in the family? It could be he feels the change band he knows he has no control over it so he is trying to control something he can. I would try talking to him and spending time with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HetherElizabeth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM
The little poops at a time sounds like constitution to me is his poop harder then usual? If that's his problem push lots of fluids and high fiber foods. Otherwise you could try whatever you started out doing when u first started potty training. Good luck I hope he gets back on track soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HetherElizabeth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:18 PM
That's supposed to be constipation lol darn spell check.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Yes, I certainly think this could be the cause.

Involve him, A LOT. Have him help with as much as you can. And let him know it's ok if he has accidents but he needs to be the big brother and that includes going potty. Give him the control and see what he does with it.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Haven't started getting ready but a lot of people are talking about her a lot and I've finally started really showing. Maybe that's it?

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

MumsTheWord571
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:35 PM

K! I'll try this. I am really hoping he'll be potty trained by the time that she comes- but it's looking like that may not happen with the back sliding!

I talked to my aunt who's throwing my shower and she said that she has a big box of presents (just small inexpensive things) for him for my shower this weekend so that he can have something to open and not feel left out of present time. I am so thankful she's the one throwing the shower! I never would have thought of that! LOL

Quoting bhwrn1:

Involve him, A LOT. Have him help with as much as you can. And let him know it's ok if he has accidents but he needs to be the big brother and that includes going potty. Give him the control and see what he does with it.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Quoting Godspitgrl:

pregnancy due date

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM

That is a great idea she had! Maybe he can help you open the gifts, as well!

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

K! I'll try this. I am really hoping he'll be potty trained by the time that she comes- but it's looking like that may not happen with the back sliding!

I talked to my aunt who's throwing my shower and she said that she has a big box of presents (just small inexpensive things) for him for my shower this weekend so that he can have something to open and not feel left out of present time. I am so thankful she's the one throwing the shower! I never would have thought of that! LOL

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Quoting Godspitgrl:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)