Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Accident free for a month but one tiny issue.....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
He will only go outside. I know kind of my fault. I started him out bare bottomed and just cleaned up accidents but once the weather got warmer we were outside a lot and now he will only go outside. He has stayed dry at night for over a month and has been accident free during the day as well. It is not really an issue when we are home for him to go outside. We have an acre and are kind of in the country, but when we spend all day at the waterpark or grandmas or a friends house it is kind of uncomfortable for me especially when he poops. I ask him to go on the potty, tell him he needs to go on the potty but he won't. If I try to take him in there he gets upset. I have tried cherios and he has peed in the big potty but I think I freaked him out when I was so excited and he has not done it since. When he was younger he went on his little potty all the time but now won't go near it. He tells me when he has to go so I don't have to worry about that but I am at a loss as to how to get him back in the bathroom. He watches daddy all the time and goes in there when I go as well. Any help or tips are appreciated. Hopefully it is a phase or boy thing that will end soon. He will be 3 on the 19th of this month. I just don't won't to force it and have him regress kwim.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Godspitgrl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Oh mama that's a hard one if he is already watching you I don't know.
bhwrn1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM

You may have to "retrain" him with the potty. As in starting with what worked for you intitially.

RobynS
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Oh boy! You've gotten yourself into a pickle!! Um... have you tried bribing him? I'm thinking when the weather changes, maybe that will sort of steer him back inside. Maybe? Good luck!

LovesFredric
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Lol definitely..unless you live in a year round warm place. Try some incentives, like toys you keep in his view but he cannot play with until he complies. What about a drink and wet doll that he could help train on the potty chair or toilet. Maybe try having the potty chair outside to use there instead of just going freely. You could also explain the rules..that peeing outside is only for at home, and when youre at he pool you have to use the potty....

Quoting RobynS:

Oh boy! You've gotten yourself into a pickle!! Um... have you tried bribing him? I'm thinking when the weather changes, maybe that will sort of steer him back inside. Maybe? Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)