Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Support Potty Training Support

Potty Training 101-Share your tips here

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM
  • 122 Replies
4 moms liked this

Here is a post for us to give advice to Moms who are potty training or getting ready to potty train.

Please share your best potty training tips!

toddler boy

• See the replies below for tips on potty training.  Share your tips, too
  • Please feel free to start your own post on the group!
  • You may also want to see the tips listed here:  Potty Training tips! or Potty Training 101

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovesFredric
by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:58 AM

try having your little one go with a bare bottom....accidents become learning experiences & parents and LO can see exactly what's happening

scharette
by on Aug. 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM
11 moms liked this
I swear by the 3 day potty training method. Never use pull ups go straight to real undies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelkcm2
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 5:13 PM

yeah i agree my son was doing so great than we had a friend come over to babysit and wasnt comfy with potty training I guess? we got back and the next morning saw he was in a diaper. I was totally diappointed. He's doing good by cant go all day now it gets so frustrating sometimes..

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

don't limit fluids, they need to learn what a full bladder feels like

LovesFredric
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Brush off accidents; think of them as learning experiences. tell the child "I know you'll get to the potty next time." They can help you clean it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Aug. 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM

make sure that you, SO and all other family members/caregivers are on the same page

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

rmcdonald89
by on Aug. 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this

3 day method what is that

bubbles212006
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Quoting scharette:

I swear by the 3 day potty training method. Never use pull ups go straight to real undies!

and wht is that?? message me!

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Or you can do bare bum. It's sticking with a potty, timing method every single day for three days. It's not getting them completely trained in three days, but having them understand what needs to happen.

Quoting bubbles212006:

Quoting scharette:

and wht is that?? message me!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Ladybugmama86
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I totally want to know more about the three day method!! IS there a book or something I can get??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN