Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training 101-Share your tips here

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is a post for us to give advice to Moms who are potty training or getting ready to potty train.

Please share your best potty training tips!

toddler boy

• See the replies below for tips on potty training.  Share your tips, too
  • Please feel free to start your own post on the group!
  • You may also want to see the tips listed here:  Potty Training tips! or Potty Training 101

by on Aug. 5, 2011 at 9:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
mommy2xp
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I'm curious about this 3 day method! I need something pretty strict to get my dd to realize that peeing on the couch and in dads chair is just not what we do!

mommy2xp
by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Once you start training dont go back to diapers

Kimmiky
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:29 PM
2 moms liked this

yea, what's the 3 day method? I've been on the 3 year method ( or so it seems). 

I ask my daughter to fart in the potty, because it echoes and sounds funny.  So she farts and i laugh and she keeps farting until *magically* she starts to poop and then we switch to uh, positive potty talk i guess you could say?  It works for me though.

Kimmiky
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Quoting mommy2xp:

I'm curious about this 3 day method! I need something pretty strict to get my dd to realize that peeing on the couch and in dads chair is just not what we do!

lmao!!!  I'm sorry, that's just totally summing up my entire awfulness about this whole process. 

PROUDMOMA2
by on Aug. 25, 2011 at 12:16 PM

what is the three day potty training method?

Proudmoma2, loving my life and the people who are in it!

3025gnm
by on Aug. 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM

i have a 20mnth old princess,what the easiest way to get to her to start goin to potty..please help lol or is it too early...

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Try this link, ladies!

3 Day Potting Trainig

Quoting Kimmiky:

Quoting mommy2xp:

lmao!!!  I'm sorry, that's just totally summing up my entire awfulness about this whole process. 

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Kelly1958
by on Aug. 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Would it be possible for you to email me at kwilk0728@gmail.com  and give me complete details of how you potty trained your little girl with the panties instead of pullups, in 3 days?  I really need details; what happened; how did she react; what about when she was sleeping, etc.  I would GREATLY appreciate anything you could tell me.. Please flag the email as "potty training" so I will see it.

Thanks so much

Kelly Wilkinson

bhwrn1
by on Sep. 1, 2011 at 9:48 AM

There are lots of ladies here who have used this method. I think there are several posts. Let me see if I can bump one for you!

Quoting Kelly1958:

Would it be possible for you to email me at kwilk0728@gmail.com  and give me complete details of how you potty trained your little girl with the panties instead of pullups, in 3 days?  I really need details; what happened; how did she react; what about when she was sleeping, etc.  I would GREATLY appreciate anything you could tell me.. Please flag the email as "potty training" so I will see it.

Thanks so much

Kelly Wilkinson

Kathy489
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM

My best advice is to not push it at all. I know 3 days sounds great, but it can backfire, and the kids end up having accidents or regressing, especially if there are younger siblings. Not to mention the emotional trauma. With my son, it actually scared the daylights out of him, so I never pushed it at all. When he finally did go in the potty, I actually had to sit down next to him and hold him as he screamed and cried. He sounded like the world was ending. Don't get me wrong. I didn't force him. He really kept talking about it and wanted to do it. He was just scared. Once he did it, I have not had any accidents at all, and he only stayed using the potty for about a week, at which time he wanted to use the toilet, and he hasn't gone back to the potty since. Granted, he was almost 4 at the time, but it was well worth the wait. The total training was done and permanent within one week with no back-pedaling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)